Northern Ohio Race GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O my God, I'm 65 years old and I can judge a bird dog championship riding a horse for 8 hrs a day for 4 or 5 days straight in rain, snow and sleet with 20 mile an hour winds I'm pretty sure I can run a chainsaw for 10 seconds in the rain when it's 60 degrees.

if it takes 10 seconds well...there's always next year :p:D

A few testing vids, both of these saws are coming with me to Wellington.
Lee Witten 076 Super Hi-Rise, i need to step down to a 10 pin rim on this one

2 angles of the Mike Rupley / Ken Dunn Husky 394/5 race saw that Mike generously sold me earlier this year
This is gonna be a fun one once it gets a race chain and someone with a better ear than me to tune it :)

if it takes 10 seconds well...there's always next year :p:D

A few testing vids, both of these saws are coming with me to Wellington.
Lee Witten 076 Super Hi-Rise, i need to step down to a 10 pin rim on this one

2 angles of the Mike Rupley / Ken Dunn Husky 394/5 race saw that Mike generously sold me earlier this year
This is gonna be a fun one once it gets a race chain and someone with a better ear than me to tune it :)

I have a saw that came from Mike Rupley and it's all packed up for the ride to Ohio.

I've been lurking around here for a little while, and just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that post. This site has guided me to an 026 that was dropped from a tree, a barely used ms360, and 1, soon to be 2 038 mags. I was able to fix the 26 with help from this site. I wanted to be able to make the gtg, being that I only live about 30 min away, but have to work and don't think I'd be able to make it out that way until after 2. Sooo, hoping there is another one in the future. Anyways, thanks again for all the valuable info.

I might try to stop by for a little bit. If only to talk to meet some people and listen. I'm still new to a lot of this and would at the very least like to verify whether or not I'm tuning my carb on my 038 correctly. The manual says 12k, but it will four stroke all the way up to almost 13k. At least I'm fairly certain of that. Scared I'm running it too lean, but it was bogging quite an it in wood below 12k with a 24" bar. Sh#+... I should come down just to listen to the other saws.

I might try to stop by for a little bit. If only to talk to meet some people and listen. I'm still new to a lot of this and would at the very least like to verify whether or not I'm tuning my carb on my 038 correctly. The manual says 12k, but it will four stroke all the way up to almost 13k. At least I'm fairly certain of that. Scared I'm running it too lean, but it was bogging quite an it in wood below 12k with a 24" bar. Sh#+... I should come down just to listen to the other saws.

I would take the saw and started up,, run it full throttle adjust the high to where the motor starts to break up from being just a bit rich.

You have to tune it wide open don't run it out to where the motor is a constant high rev

Get it to where it gets high then starts to break up a little that should be a good tune

The biggest thing is getting the idle and the Low speed right to get the bog out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back