Looking for information for a Didier Hydra Splitter, a parts manual would be awesome? Hydraulic oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm new here but it just so happens I bought one of these splitters from a retired gentlemen nearby who is moving to Florida. If anyone could share the manual with me I'd very much appreciate it, hopefully it will help me get it running again. Email is: craiganddeb (at) me (dot) com

Thanks very much.
Craig

Hi, I'm new here but it just so happens I bought one of these splitters from a retired gentlemen nearby who is moving to Florida. If anyone could share the manual with me I'd very much appreciate it, hopefully it will help me get it running again. Email is: craiganddeb (at) me (dot) com

Thanks very much.
Craig

sent

I inherited a Didier Hydra-Split. I would love a chance to receive any materials that may be available, especially an owners manual and/or spec sheet.
I recently over-extended it on a big stump ,and the cap to the hydraulic fluid blew right off! No idea where it went, so I need to find a new one of those.

Thanks!

Chuck

Ha! Ha! Well I never lost a cap but I did blow a cylinder seal and had my splitter turn into a geyser!

Send me your email address as I can't attach files here.

Shari

Great, thanks!!

A follow-up to anyone that owns one of these old beauties...

If i Blew the cap off of the hydraulic fluid reservoir, how do I know what to buy as a replacement?
It looks to be about 1.5 inches diameter, but I'm not very mechanically inclined, and have no idea where to get a replacement.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

I didn't have a Didier, but I have had a couple old machines with hydraulic tanks with missing caps. I was able to get a push on breather cap from the local auto parts store. Usually chrome, to fit the valve cover of an old V8 before the PCV days, Joe.

I didn't have a Didier, but I have had a couple old machines with hydraulic tanks with missing caps. I was able to get a push on breather cap from the local auto parts store. Usually chrome, to fit the valve cover of an old V8 before the PCV days, Joe.
Joe, I found something like this in my auto parts store. How tight of a fit does it need to be? I found one with a rubber gasket that slides inside the hydraulic reservoir opening. It does not slide around, but I don't think it's really tight either. Does it mostly just need to sit there, or is it going to have a decent amount of pressure pushing on it?

The one I used was just a car valve cover breather. It has two spring tabs and just pushes on. Since it breathes, it never builds up pressure. If it built up enough pressure to blow it off, something is wrong. I just looked up and it looks like CylinderService might have you covered, Joe.

Received, and I thank you so very much.
Where can I see pictures of your modifications... sounds like you built a really nice machine.

Latest posts

Back