Vermeer sc852

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtrstump

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anybody been quoted a price on a new sc852? I would be talking about the new ones with the tier 4 engine. And has anybody run one who has run one of the old ones with the Cummins?

I demoed one a month ago. Was told 75ish with RC, teir 4, Kohler. My biggest concern with it is the gradeabilty which is 20%. Might work for in the Mid West, but around here too many hills. What were you quoted?

I have not been quoted yet. I have a 852 that needs some expensive repairs. I would expect it to be in the range that you said. The new ones are not 85hp anymore. They have dropped to 74. Was also wondering if anyone has run both the old one and new one and could notice the hp difference

A friend of mine was just quoted 78k with remote. They have really gone up. Anybody running one of the new 852's, with the tier 4 engine, please speak up and let us know how you like it.

Will be taking delivery of a tier 4 soon and we currently run an 852 with the 85hp cummins with 3000 hours on the machine. Will update with a comparison.

Hey sc852. Looking forward to your report. Do you mind telling the price you were quoted?
Also, what engine option did you go with?

Hey sc852. Looking forward to your report. Do you mind telling the price you were quoted?
Also, what engine option did you go with?
65k with no remote options, And the 74hp option I'm drawing a blank on the brand at the moment. Hoping it lives up to the power of the cummins.

65k with no remote options, And the 74hp option I'm drawing a blank on the brand at the moment. Hoping it lives up to the power of the cummins.
You should really consider putting the remote on. It is so worth it.

Back