Do I need a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echomeister

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got 7 trees 25-30 inch diameter to cut up. I have a start with my echo 450p but each cut is quite a chore on the big stuff. So how much easier would this work be with a 620P 24" bar. Might I kill my 450 trying to get this stuff cut up.
I got a quote for a 620p-24 at $609.00

Here is the tired guy caught taking a break.

DSC07484.JPG

Thanks

is it just to cut that one log? lol keep a look on local craigslist for a $20 poulan 245A or something else 70cc. they get'er done for the money. that 450 would easily do that job piece of cake with a good chain though.

7 tree's, 25 to 30 inch.
is it just to cut that one log? lol keep a look on local craigslist for a $20 poulan 245A or something else 70cc. they get'er done for the money. that 450 would easily do that job piece of cake with a good chain though.

I got 7 trees 25-30 inch diameter to cut up. I have a start with my echo 450p but each cut is quite a chore on the big stuff. So how much easier would this work be with a 620P 24" bar. Might I kill my 450 trying to get this stuff cut up.
I got a quote for a 620p-24 at $609.00

Here is the tired guy caught taking a break.

View attachment 574312

Thanks
You haven't even wore the paint off the bar yet keep going

If that's all you have to cut
I would just get a 590 3-350 new off ebay or home depot
Mine still runs great after 4 year's wearing a 24 inch bar stihl rs
20170212_124743.jpg

Yes you need a bigger saw.
I don't think you will kill your 450p but I bet it's slow. Your time is worth money too. A 590 or 620 would make pretty quick work of that and both are rated to oil a 27 inch bar. I would how ever suggest a full skip chain. A muffler mod and tune is advised too.

You can't go wrong with a good 70-80cc class saw either. Be it Stihl Echo Husqvarna Dolmar. There is a ported Husqvarna 390 in the trading post right now.

I knew I could count on you guys. Your support on this issue is making me cry a bit. I feel the love and support you have
extended to me in my time of need. I told my wife it would be a shame if I had a heart attack forcing that little saw through that wood.
She said that would be OK but I asked what would she do for firewood in that case. Welll lets not discuss the answer as it left me out.

Much love to you guys... I gotta go collect myself and wipe off the stripe on my credit card....

every day on AS is a good day for a new saw--and a bigger saw thats just more-better!!--LOL

yea a timber wolf 590 or 620p or a stihl 044-440 or husky 372/272 johnsred 670 ect--

that 450p will cut that -- but it will be time consuming.

we had a huge widomaker oak blow down at church and all the decons jumped on it with 40cc pull-anns

after a few days and a pickup truck load of cheap bars and chains they got it whittled down--but it was not a pretty sight---

Back