"You suck" Thread 2017 - Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borisrph

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg Imagine my surprise when I went looking for the 2017 "You Suck" thread only to find one hadn't been started yet for 2017. The last couple of years have been really good reads so I'll start another one this year.

I was at a garage sale last summer when I spotted this Poulan Pro 335. Saw was in great shape and looked like original bar on it. Modified Mark has written countless times how much he loves this series of Poulan saws, so I asked the guy about it. He said it was his dad's that he acquired after he passed away and he didn't know anything about it. I asked if it ran and he sounded agitated and confirmed again that he knew nothing about it. I figured what the hell, even if it was blown it might make good wall art in my workshop. $5 later I took it home.

First thing I did was put fresh mix in it and then proceeded to check for spark/compression. Hhmm. Spark plug wire was off the sparkplug under the cover. Turns out granddad must have taken it off to keep youngsters from messing with his saw. 3 pulls later she was running like a champ.

So I'm not sure if I deserve my first you suck, but I cut all my firewood last fall with it. Modified Mark is right; they are very nice saws, and this one really rips.

It's 5 months into 2017, and the 2017 thread doesn't even have a full page yet? Well, here's my suckage:
IMG_0784_zpskyvmqhtp.jpg

IMG_0785_zpslvjggvtz.jpg

$180, and started on the 4th pull after a year of sitting.

I doubt this puts me in the "you suck" category, but it's worth a try. Just picked up this minty 011 AVT for $60. Single owner, and included the hard case, original manual and four chains.View attachment 581059
Considering the price is probably less than those four chains new, id say you have suckage!

My wife's uncle had an extra Stihl saw laying around. Behold the 034 AV Super that he gave me. Currently just waiting on a few rubber parts to come before I fire it up. Has good spark and 160 psi of compression. Should fire right up once reassembled. If that isn't a "you suck" I don't know what is.

P.S. Ignore the messy bench!

image1.JPG
image2.JPG

That workbench looks clean compared to some I've seen... You actually have a spot to place a saw!

Not a saw but.... Was sitting in a alley during a giant neighborhood yard sale. One of those areas with the big old Victorian houses and small yards. Found it had a bad primer bulb. Clamped off the primer hose. Dumped some mix in the carb and it started on the second pull. There hardly any wear on the tires. Was fairly dirty - just needed a quick hit with degreaser, light scrub and hose off. 5 bucks for the bulb and will be good to go. Going to sell to fund my 038 Super to mag project. :clap:
DSCN5101.JPG DSCN5100.JPG DSCN5099.JPG

I guess I'll cross-post this one too. I put it in the '2016' thread, but that doesn't feel right lol...

Picked up this trio yesterday from a Craigslist ad. Runner 290, runner 361 and PHO, missing recoil start assembly, 046 Magnum.

Snagged them for a cool $225.
IMG_20170531_132147031.jpg

Latest posts

Back