2017 Iowa GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a nice day we had for a GTG, like was said, thanks to our great host's and the others who were involved in making another spring Iowa GTG a great one.

It was nice to see old friends again and meet new ones. There is never enough time in the day to meet everyone and it seems there were some in attendance I would have liked to talk to more but never new who they were. To those folks, I'm sorry.

To Marks comments about that miracle Carter carb on the Remington, it is a miracle how it can take a nice saw like that and make run like crap then make it not run at all!!

That Remington bow is a beauty. Maybe that Carter carb kept it preserved. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Good to see old friends and make new ones. We even cut some wood now and then.

Grizzly Adams 86 trimming up a log

View attachment 574777

Diesel Fitter and Olyman, that's a 100 cc 3400 in the background

View attachment 574778

CB Farmall cutting corners cutting cookies

View attachment 574779

AWOL putting Modified Mark's 91 sand cast Poulan 91 in a log, that saw was surprisingly strong and smooth.

View attachment 574780

Scarr52 getting some early morning nourishment

View attachment 574783

One of several highly technical discussions during the day, I think the theme of this one was "...we have the German surrounded, now what...?"

View attachment 574781

Modified Mark showing off the miracles of the Carter ND carburetor on his pristine Remington 775GB if I remember the saw correctly

View attachment 574784

Lunch was served

View attachment 574785

View attachment 574786

View attachment 574787

Too busy having fun to remember to take any more photos today.

Mark

Nice pile of saws there Mark. I've never seen yellow paint go green like that though. ( I see you were spreading the good word with your 5400)

That Remington bow is a beauty. Maybe that Carter carb kept it preserved. Looks like you guys had a great time.

I believe your probably spot on Tim. It is a excellent condition old saw and pretty rare being a gear drive factory bow version. I put the Tilly back on it yesterday and it runs great. It just bugs me that it's not original that way.

I believe your probably spot on Tim. It is a excellent condition old saw and pretty rare being a gear drive factory bow version. I put the Tilly back on it yesterday and it runs great. It just bugs me that it's not original that way.

I know only too well from experience how stubborn and bull headed some engineers are. Back then they were "special".

Well, it looks like we got the timing right this year. Last weekends weather was about as perfect as one could ask for.....this coming weekend looks chilly, rainy and wet.
So I am very thankful for how the GTG weekend turned out!
It's always great to visit friends that haven't been seen in awhile and I met some new friends this year and was able to put faces to some AS names.
A big Thanks to all who came and contributed to the event!!!!:)

Are you selling the 019t?

Yes. It's just sitting around and I haven't done much with it since I got it a few years ago. It has the bad single adjustment carb that is shot, it does run but poorly. Getting rid of it as "parts or fix". Does have a 14" bar/chain and the plastic is in good shape. I'm not looking to get a lot for it so no reasonable offer refused or pay the shipping and it's yours. I'll get some more pictures of it later today.

Yes. It's just sitting around and I haven't done much with it since I got it a few years ago. It has the bad single adjustment carb that is shot, it does run but poorly. Getting rid of it as "parts or fix". Does have a 14" bar/chain and the plastic is in good shape. I'm not looking to get a lot for it so no reasonable offer refused or pay the shipping and it's yours. I'll get some more pictures of it later today.
Just sent you a pm

Back