Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 576125 In front of this rig is a pickup truck full of scrounged poplar, Manitoba maple, ash and elm which will keep us warm for the next couple days as we head north in search of lake trout.

I was considering carrying a smaller boat on top of my larger aluminum rig in exactly the same fashion this summer (a 12' over my 16'). I have concerns about it hurting the bottom of the bigger boat along the trailer bunks because of the extra weight. How have you faired traveling like that? How long a trip? Very interested!

I was considering carrying a smaller boat on top of my larger aluminum rig in exactly the same fashion this summer (a 12' over my 16'). I have concerns about it hurting the bottom of the bigger boat along the trailer bunks because of the extra weight. How have you faired traveling like that? How long a trip? Very interested!
As long as the trailer isn't overloaded the boat will be fine.

I worked at a marine dealership in college and saw several examples of how not to do it lol.

I've had no problems. 12' boat weighs about 200lbs. I strap to the trailer and crank em down so there's plenty of pressure there. My bunks are close to the edge of the boat where all the weight is. Towed an hour and a half away this weekend but I've done 5 hour trips.

3344a8d0fa5007d4a44c4370caaac260.jpg

Scrounged up a storage shed to hold all my toys to be able to get a work bench in my garage!
All of my 2-stroke stuff didn't fill up one of the built in shelves. I think I need some more 2 stroke things. Really wanting a 272/372xp. Whichever I can find the best deal on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back