Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jerry.........Last night I was sitting my comfy chair at the shop having a tall green can and I decided to cut off that EGR tube at the fitting on the exhaust manifold and weld the fitting shut......the intake end I can just remove as I already discontinued the EGR valve and made that black block-off plate and gasket to seal the intake manifold. Just something else to rust off out on the island where I'll not have wherewithal to fix it easily......

Thanks Jerry.........Last night I was sitting my comfy chair at the shop having a tall green can and I decided to cut off that EGR tube at the fitting on the exhaust manifold and weld the fitting shut......the intake end I can just remove as I already discontinued the EGR valve and made that black block-off plate and gasket to seal the intake manifold. Just something else to rust off out on the island where I'll not have wherewithal to fix it easily......

Good preventative maintenance right there, tools n services not always available in secluded areas, takes much longer and some hair pulling fixing stuff out there. Going to be setting more than running so all that thin steel stuff will rust faster.

Good preventative maintenance right there, tools n services not always available in secluded areas, takes much longer and some hair pulling fixing stuff out there. Going to be setting more than running so all that thin steel stuff will rust faster.

Yeah this whole thing is done as simply as possible for that very reason.....if the carb doesn't work out it will get replaced with a brand new Webber with a manual choke.....making yet one more wire unnecessary.....

Looks like yer all ready to install .

Almost.....got to replace the water pump with the correct one today...then grind some on the ex manifold and make sure all the bolts are clean/thread chased and holes cleaned with a bottoming tap and everything fits correctly. Next move is to lift it off the stand and set it on a pair of hosses just enough so it isn't swinging around and install the flywheel, pilot bearing, clutch plate and pressure plate using the supplied line up tool....little bit more to do yet but pretty close......

Things came up today so didn't make as much progress as intended.....new AC Delco water pump arrived and installed.....motor mount purches installed......all the weird emissions **** removed from the air cleaner and that scraped and painted.....'bout as far as I made it......but all stuff that needed doing sooner or later....

Dark & Gray here this morning......and this is the "nice" part of the day......down hill from here....'spose to get a couple full inches of rain before it's ovah.... some time Sunday....

EDIT!!!! Just went and looked at the forecast again......not 2 inches......2 inches tonight......2 inches tomorrow.....and a haff inch as it winds down Sunday...as John would say .....YAK!!!!

Dark & Gray here this morning......and this is the "nice" part of the day......down hill from here....'spose to get a couple full inches of rain before it's ovah.... some time Sunday....

EDIT!!!! Just went and looked at the forecast again......not 2 inches......2 inches tonight......2 inches tomorrow.....and a haff inch as it winds down Sunday...as John would say .....YAK!!!!
Just think how much snow that would be !!

Just think how much snow that would be !!

Well they always said a foot of snow is more or less equal to an inch of rain......so.......4 1/2 inches of rain would be like....4 and a half feet of snow.....I'll take the rain I guess and quit whinin'.....

Yeah. I mower orchards till 8 last night. With all the rain coming hillsides would really suck with a weeks more growth and the rain. Did some compound low mowing as it was.

Rounded up all the parts needed for the CK, will be shipped to me ASAP and took the friction casing/drum to my bud at the machine shop to have the friction surface trued up. Should all come together in the next week or so and the old rig will have good brakes again. All else passed inspections.

Raining cats n dogs here this morning but sposed to clear up this afternoon, may even see the sun later.

Tic fagh here.....not rain, but rained hard all night....sun got real bright a while ago but gone dim again....more rain tonight and tomorrow.....might see some sun late this afternoon....

Latest posts

Back