Stihl 090 air filter upgrade/ mods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808fish

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Aloha,

I'm currently using stihl 090's for my milling. I know there's a lot of creative people on here. Has anyone done any air filter mods to their 090's? Or is there one available ?
Milling sure is hard on that filter and it has to be cleaned after every decent size slab cut.
Thank you

I understand this mod is suppose to help. I recently had one of the covers and modified it and bought 2 extra filters.
44121aa4df252ff2770d921db6f020f1.jpg

I understand this mod is suppose to help. I recently had one of the covers and modified it and bought 2 extra filters.
44121aa4df252ff2770d921db6f020f1.jpg
Thank you . I know that'll help a lot with getting the chips out and keep the clutch/ saw cooler .

I saw this mod awhile back and screenshot it. Unfortunately, cannot find the page it was on anymore and if it was a DIY mod or an aftermarket kit IMG_2268.jpgIMG_2269.jpg

Sorry, no - but I'm far from sure it is "fine". It may work well for all I know, but surely doesn't help the looks of the saw.
Yeah, not the prettiest. Looks like a Shriner's club hat, but if it keeps dust out of my carb and doesn't need to be cleaned as often, I'd give it a try.

Thank you.

I never looked at that saw other that a machine. Different than a 440,660 etc. Ugly is ok with me in this case. We will keep looking.

Latest posts

Back