What Saw Does This Muffler Go To?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCstihl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This wa s in my don't know where it came from box. The spark arrestor was held in by a Torx #10 screw. Wierd shaped mounting bolt holes and support bracket holes. I searched Stihl muffler brackets and Husqvarna muffler bracket. No model # but there is a 5G mark on the back. Got a boat load of baffles. Thanks and if you need it, let me know.

load IMG_20170523_145522515.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170523_145548232.jpg
    IMG_20170523_145548232.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
Looks like a 5100 Dolmar muffler to me.

4268461.jpg

Dolmar 5100 muffler.
066dolmar_002_large.jpg

4268461.jpg

Dolmar 5100 muffler.
066dolmar_002_large.jpg
Very Good. Got zero idea where it came from, yeah yeah a Dolmar 5100. I have no use for it. Anybody who is willing to pay the shipping can have it. Doesn't look to be very efficient, tons of baffles and looks like the angle of the vent would melt stuff. Anybody wants it let me know.

i could use it. pm sent.
Very Good. Got zero idea where it came from, yeah yeah a Dolmar 5100. I have no use for it. Anybody who is willing to pay the shipping can have it. Doesn't look to be very efficient, tons of baffles and looks like the angle of the vent would melt stuff. Anybody wants it let me know.

Those mufflers are good replacements for the newer catalytic converter mufflers that Dolmar put on the 5105 saw. They run cooler and save the top end..
I'm glad to hear that because it looks awfully clogged up in there. But I guess I'm more used to Stihl 440 dual ported or Husky 372 ported muffs. Thanks for that. I know nothing about Dolmar.

The muffler may have some baffles in it but not like the honeycomb thingy that's in the cat. It's made to run hotter for emissions I suppose but that heat isn't a friend of a chainsaw top end. No doubt it's the idea of someone who doesn't use a chainsaw much..

The muffler may have some baffles in it but not like the honeycomb thingy that's in the cat. It's made to run hotter for emissions I suppose but that heat isn't a friend of a chainsaw top end. No doubt it's the idea of someone who doesn't use a chainsaw much..
Or sell them to people who: can't sharpen chain, mix fuel, throw old fuel on the firewood, drain fuel, resist cold start high revs, wipe their own butts, and get out if my way. In that vein chainsaws are really good, messy but, good for body disposal. You have your limbing saws and your trunking saws. Wait, what was the question.

Now, see, this is the way to hijack a thread. Got the question answered and had decent info exchanged, got the muff to someone who can use it, then we went South.

Given the freeze before sawing and thaw before serving I think I can justify one of those big Yeti coolers for the Acme used Tires and Body Disposal Services, Ltd. Hell it would save tons just on cleaning all those rugs. And be a lot easier to maneuver with a harbor freight furniture dolly. And be totally cool in the bed of the truck and in the boat. From a cook book instruction to a change in business model, what a site.

Back