Dang it!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
It's cold and dark and my furnace just turned on. We had a ton of rain today and I can't get to my wood pile unless I'm willing to slog through about 4 inches of standing water and mud. I guess I'll have to burn oil.

I knew the rains and cold damp was coming so I stocked up the day before :)

20170525_193707-jpg.581382

I always keep a few gallons of kerosene handy, for any of a fistful of Aladdin mantle lamps. Typically ~3500 BTU/hr each, and about 24 hrs on a fillup. Totally odorless. Move a/r to whatever room desired.

Takes the sting out of oil consumption. Lets me avoid firing up genset(s) for most power outages.

I always keep a few gallons of kerosene handy, for any of a fistful of Aladdin mantle lamps. Typically ~3500 BTU/hr each, and about 24 hrs on a fillup. Totally odorless. Move a/r to whatever room desired.

Takes the sting out of oil consumption. Lets me avoid firing up genset(s) for most power outages.

Aladdin lamps were a wonderful invention. Heat and light. Wife gets nervous when I drag them out. Mantels are expensive to say the least and I've thought of selling them off.

Aladdin lamps were a wonderful invention. Heat and light. Wife gets nervous when I drag them out. Mantels are expensive to say the least and I've thought of selling them off.

About the mantles, you have to be really slow-moving & gentle with the lamps in general. A lamp that'll be used only as a heater willl have a mantle-holder, that's lost its mantle for whatever reason, installed. A side-benefit of that: if there's no mantle, it can't possibly get sooted up and turn the lamp into a smudge-pot. You can just fire it high and focus elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back