Our trip to Noah's Ark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, I was reading an article last week about how it went bankrupt and was shut down. I'll have to dig that up

Definitely not shut down. We were just there on Saturday

I think the talk/concern about the Ark was that vistors numbers were less than planned and that local businesses were not reaping the influx of customers they had hoped

I think the talk/concern about the Ark was that vistors numbers were less than planned and that local businesses were not reaping the influx of customers they had hoped
I wouldn't really know but it's not surprising. Somehow, "experts" always seem to get numbers messed up. I don't know anything about the area so it's hard to say.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

People's supernatural beliefs are a product of geography alone. There's a bit of logic for you sir.
I can't imagine how people with a logical mind and eyes that see somehow come to the conclusion that God and His creation (including the flood and the ark) as told in the Bible aren't real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People's supernatural beliefs are a product of geography alone. There's a bit of logic for you sir.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'd love the opportunity to explain my point of view to you after hearing what you believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its an impressive structure, and while noting its wood construction and craftsmanship is great.... lets keep any meaning/purpose/ideology for the construction in the political forum.
Political forum? Are you some sort of forum constable?

The US press loves to pick on anything Christian, which is why they love to blow up any problems that the park may have encountered.,that is why I always quote a few verses from my Al Gore global warming bible. He flies all over the planet in a jet that replaces the ozone, and reduces carbon dioxide... Any little children that don't believe Al's message, get a lump of coal hurled at them during Ramadan, so that they can contemplate their gender identity...

Not sure where I read it.

I remember last fall we had a printout of the lumber and steel list it took to build was NUTS!

If you're really interested, the original flood story is the saga of Utnapishtim in the Sumarian Epic of Gilgamesh.
Actually its the other way around if you care to research it

Flood of gilgamesh was only a regional flood, most likely caused by a dam bursting like what carved out the grand canyon.
big, but not world wide.
The flood of Noah, which was world wide would have caused many pockets of water to be trapped, some let go before population spread to that region, others when areas had been populated with more devestating results.

T

The world wide flood, or Noahs flood for want of a better term explains quite well the topogrophy we see today.
Hydroplate theory is one of the better theorys out there on how the earth became what we know today

http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/HydroplateOverview.html

Ps, if I ever get to the states with the family, were visiting that, I mean why not, in Australia, we have the big Koala, Big Orange, Pinapple, Crayfish etc etc etc :)

The Gilgamesh flood story dates to around 2000-1500 BC and was likely crafted from a much older story with a main character named Atrahasis. The gods (except for one) had regretted creating humans and devised a flood to kill all mankind. The main character builds a 120 cubit boat, escapes with his family, possessions and animals. As the flood waters subside, the boat comes to rest at the top of a mountain. They are the only humans left alive.

Actually its the other way around if you care to research it

Flood of gilgamesh was only a regional flood, most likely caused by a dam bursting like what carved out the grand canyon.
big, but not world wide.
The flood of Noah, which was world wide would have caused many pockets of water to be trapped, some let go before population spread to that region, others when areas had been populated with more devestating results.

T

The world wide flood, or Noahs flood for want of a better term explains quite well the topogrophy we see today.
Hydroplate theory is one of the better theorys out there on how the earth became what we know today

http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/HydroplateOverview.html

Ps, if I ever get to the states with the family, were visiting that, I mean why not, in Australia, we have the big Koala, Big Orange, Pinapple, Crayfish etc etc etc :)
hey trains if i remember correctly the founder of ark experience is an australian and i think between his own money and what he was able to raise the cost was at 90 some million last year, and it was not complete yet. if you ever make it over to this side of the equator you are welcome to stay at a small virginia farm.

Back