A little off topic but when did they.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this today at the dealer and ordered it over the phone for them to get one. I had no idea it had A/V on it until I saw it.

bu5a6are.jpg

I think the BG or SH 86 are the only ones with A/V. It makes a huge difference when using the vacuum attachment. My brothers solid Poulan pro builds up a huge amount of static electricity and will shock the crap out of the operator. My SH 86 is smooth as silk. I bought mine in '09, so they are at least that old.

The last new blower I bought was pre 1997 as 1997 was when I sold out my lawn care business in FL. So it has been a long time since I had even looked at them. I just went with the pro level one as that stuff usually seems to hold up the best. I see it does have an adjustable carb. Not sure f it really helps much to pull the limiters on it to adjust it though. I would like it to last so it might help to do so.

Can't tell you when they started doing it, but my blower has them and they work great.

Now, if only it would start easier than it does at times. I think there's a secret process to doing it, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting very close to finding out just exactly what that is. :yes:

Can't tell you when they started doing it, but my blower has them and they work great.

Now, if only it would start easier than it does at times. I think there's a secret process to doing it, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting very close to finding out just exactly what that is. :yes:
How many pulls does it take to start? My bg 86 always starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull . :yes:

Some blowers will make you hand numb after and hour use, hope these AV help!!

How many pulls does it take to start? My bg 86 always starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull . :yes:

There have been times it took well over 10 or so to get it to pop.

But, I don't think I was pushing on the primer bulb enough. I'm now pushing the primer bulb at least 7 times before I stop. Seems like the more I do, the better chance it will fire after 2-4 pulls on the rope.

Funny thing! Each and every piece of O P E that I own, has it's own starting personality. That is to say, they don't start the same. Part of the problem is trying to remember what does what when it comes to starting.

I have the homeowner 56 blower if I remember correctly....it has been the toughest damn tool...

I remember when I first got it I hear talk about breaking a machine in.....well this blower was broken in running multiple tanks at full throttle blowing leaves at a huge property....I was "under gunned" on that job, but to this day evertytime I fire up the blower I remember how tough she has been....

I should add that I blow off my driveway damn near everyday, so she gets used a lot....I even blow snow with it in the winter!!!

Back