Stripping down a Shindaiwa 757 and possibly destroying the cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey;
Great post, my question is why would the factory have the cast transfer passage in the case, then block it off with the lower cylinder skirt? Could they have been trying to create more support for the piston skirt, or had a fault in the design that was adjusted with the cylinder design and not update the cases to save costs? Just trying to understand the arrangement, thanks again.

I was thinking that the cases may be new, but the cylinder could have been from the 695 design and just used with a longer stroke crank to get the 73cc.
Either way the setup was a contradiction in 2 stroke basics. I am a motorcycle porting/tuning guy. Its what i do for a living. So i work on 2 strokes nearly every day. I am completely happy with the piston support given by the cylinder AFTER my mods. That won't be an issue.
All i can say is that this mod has really given the saw some extra power.
I would love to hear from some of the pro saw guys on here with their opinions. I am not up on the latest chainsaw technology.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just a follow up.
This saw is still running strong. I sold it about a year ago, but the new owner still keeps In touch.
Good mod it seems

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Im not surprised your Shindaiwa saw was a bit corked up from the factory. Seems Echo/ Shindaiwa tunes their stuff for torque and longevity rather than maximum power. Glad your mods made some meaningful gains.

Latest posts

Back