Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the first year Twin. Model PT. It has the same cylinders as an AB. Most were sent back and refitted with larger pistons and cylinders. They also restamped the serial plates on those saws.

Hey Jeff - coming to Baraboo again this year?

I ran a really sweet P62 at the PNW GTG last month, very impressive saw.

View attachment 589309

Mark
Mark The P62 saws area favourite of mine. They really lug down nice in big wood. The Pro 655BP is a full step ahead.
Baraboo is a great show and I would like to attend. Might be a year or two before I get back. Will need two full days at the show next time.

Newby type question regarding my Pioneer 11-60 Auto. I have had no luck trying to find .404 x .050 chain so am looking at converting to 3/8 x .050. Please excuse my ignorance if I use the wrong names for the parts! The clutch unit housing has a 7 spline outer hub that carries a sprocket that drives the chain. This looks very similar to pictures I have seen of modern saws parts which I am hoping parts exist which will allow me to change to 3/8 pitch. IMG_1969.JPG

The sprocket has The Pioneer name on the outer rim so I am lead to believe is is origional to this saw but since I have no history on it perhaps it is a modification? I have misplaced the part catalog I picked up a year or so ago so am being more disjointed than normal.
IMG_1970.JPG
Thanks for any comment or guidance anyone can offer.

Scott Gilbert
Seattle

There is an Oregon drum and rim kit that will enable the conversion...., $14 ~ $15. I don't believe there is a rim only solution from Oregon due to the larger splines on the Pioneer drum. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that. You may be able to find a 3/8 Pioneer rim, but the Oregon solution will provide you the flexibility to switch pitch more easily if desired. Also don't forget to consider the bar nose sprocket pitch unless you're using a hardnose bar.

Newby type question regarding my Pioneer 11-60 Auto. I have had no luck trying to find .404 x .050 chain so am looking at converting to 3/8 x .050. Please excuse my ignorance if I use the wrong names for the parts! The clutch unit housing has a 7 spline outer hub that carries a sprocket that drives the chain. This looks very similar to pictures I have seen of modern saws parts which I am hoping parts exist which will allow me to change to 3/8 pitch. View attachment 591038

The sprocket has The Pioneer name on the outer rim so I am lead to believe is is origional to this saw but since I have no history on it perhaps it is a modification? I have misplaced the part catalog I picked up a year or so ago so am being more disjointed than normal.
View attachment 591039
Thanks for any comment or guidance anyone can offer.

Scott Gilbert
Seattle

Part# 472034 7T , .4, Spur
Part # 472035 7T, 3/8 Spur

Part# 471680 clutch Drum splined
Part# 471563, 7T, .4 Rim Segment
part# 471815, 7T, 3/8 , Rim Segment

Have you considered installing the Spur sprocket?

Reply to answers:

Pogo, yes I have a hardnose bar at present. It is a Pioneer bar with the Brand printed on it which looks nice but I would consider a roller bar if I can find one.

Beavers, I am not finding those numbers in my search, are they Oregon p/n's ? Sorry I don't click on the term spur sprocket so can't answer.

Reply to answers:

Pogo, yes I have a hardnose bar at present. It is a Pioneer bar with the Brand printed on it which looks nice but I would consider a roller bar if I can find one.

Beavers, I am not finding those numbers in my search, are they Oregon p/n's ? Sorry I don't click on the term spur sprocket so can't answer.

Those are Pioneer numbers, from ipls, it is possible they have sub to other numbers, The term Spur or brazed assy refers to non splined rim type.

Back