5th annual Chainsaw Races at Chisago County Fair 7/22/17

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you do muffler mod? To increase performance. It is proven that it does increase performance. Is it fair to a guy with a stock saw to have to compete against a saw with performance upgrades? You say it isn't. The only way to make this fair would be to add another class such as prostock and let people run with minimal upgrades such as muff mod and gasket delete. This is a possibility. Generally there isn't many stock saw's anyhow so we may just do this. Whatever, it doesn't matter to me. If everyone thinks this is unfair and decides not to come because of it we won't have much of a race. If this happens then this will be the last year for the Chisago County Fair Chainsaw Races.

First off I'd like to apoligize fer bein a bit cranky of late, was just diagnosed with skin tags & constipation, besides that some jackwagon stole my saw trailer Sat. nite (empty)
I never made a secret of my muff. mods. & gasket deletes, I thought every one was doing it, whenever I mentioned it I was told ''aah don't worry about it''
When there are no written rules this always the result no matter what the contest.

Why do you do muffler mod? To increase performance. It is proven that it does increase performance. Is it fair to a guy with a stock saw to have to compete against a saw with performance upgrades? You say it isn't. The only way to make this fair would be to add another class such as prostock and let people run with minimal upgrades such as muff mod and gasket delete. This is a possibility. Generally there isn't many stock saw's anyhow so we may just do this. Whatever, it doesn't matter to me. If everyone thinks this is unfair and decides not to come because of it we won't have much of a race. If this happens then this will be the last year for the Chisago County Fair Chainsaw Races.
It's your event so do what you think is most fair. All I'm saying is if you are gonna change the long standing rules then it would have been nice to have more than 5 days notice.

First off I'd like to apoligize fer bein a bit cranky of late, was just diagnosed with skin tags & constipation, besides that some jackwagon stole my saw trailer Sat. nite (empty)
I never made a secret of my muff. mods. & gasket deletes, I thought every one was doing it, whenever I mentioned it I was told ''aah don't worry about it''
When there are no written rules this always the result no matter what the contest.
I agree.

I was always told by those in the know that if the ports weren't touched and it didn't have an oversize carb/intake then it fell in the stock category.

I think we are all in agreement, this about having fun with friends and not worth getting upset about.
Andy explained, he wants a guy off the street to be able to show up with his box stock saw and not be at a disadvantage. Like the zip races, it's just for fun. I hope many show up but suspect few will. If 2-3 guys do show up, it won't take long to determine the fastest. He'll get a plaque and we will move along to the next class. Hopefully the newcomers will come next year and the event will grow.
I propose we all bring what we want to run, if you and your saw are at a disadvantage within the class the saw falls in, run it and have fun. Last year SVK took 1st with a box stock saw at a disadvantage running against muff modded saws. Operator skills and some luck also factor. Being at a disadvantage does not necessarily equate to unfair. The greatest pleasure in winning is when adversity is overcome. If we all ran box stock saws, off the roll chain and cut identical wood, we would still have fun but not as much.
I think we are also in agreement in that we are all grateful for Andy and Sarah leadership and hard work and will respect their decision. A freind will support you even when they don't agree with you. If Andy and Sarah quit organizing this event, we're screwed. I don't know anyone that could do it as well as they do. I sure as hell couldn't.

This is getting worse than tractor pulling! Everyone seems to want a class that best suits their saw, if you do that you'll have 100 classes with 2 saws in each class! Everyone knows the classes, they're posted so if you don't like them don't go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly

I was also thinking that the 50 and 60 cc saw classes should run in the 15" rock hard Cottonwood cants. Make these things work.

Too bad my Wiz with the 1/2" chain wasn't running. That would have fun in cottonwood like that (but would rattle all the teeth out of my head). As for all the rule changes I particularly don't mind as a trophy is a just a trophy and one other thing to collect dust on the shelf. I'm just there for a good time. Beats sitting the A/C in the house doing nothing.

Being Andy allowed informal challenges, how about a grudge match for Poulan made clamshell saws? You in @bikemike ?
IL se if the poulchit will run but the carb is kinda fd up. I don't have the old yellow n black poulan anymore bummer. But I still have a piped clamshell echo and my echo top handle saw too.

Too bad my Wiz with the 1/2" chain wasn't running. That would have fun in cottonwood like that (but would rattle all the teeth out of my head). As for all the rule changes I particularly don't mind as a trophy is a just a trophy and one other thing to collect dust on the shelf. I'm just there for a good time. Beats sitting the A/C in the house doing nothing.
Word. I'm with you on that buddy

Back