Trade deal. Buck mark for ms271. What would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 5 years what will the Buckmark be worth compared to the saw? In 5 years will you have to rebuild the Buckmark as opposed to the saw? I shot competition .22 for years, hard to hurt a .22 unless you try.
You bring up a good point. Even though I don't care for Buckmarks I wouldn't trade mine for that saw.

I've owned several of that model buckmarks. They will shoot hole for hole with a thousand dollar model 41 smith target.
Good deal, value only go's up on guns (unless it's an AR 15 which are ridiculously cheap right now).
No they won't, not even close. They are decent pistols, picky on ammo and depending on age a pain to disassemble for cleaning. Still is a fair trade.
Russ

It's not the gun in hand that determines accuracy, but rather, it's the hand on the gun. ;)
Haha, yea that's true. I imagine I made much to bold a statement so to respond correctly I can shoot my buckmarks much more accurately than the 41, so much so i sold the 41 and purchased a walther sp22 m3 target. I have enjoyed it so much more. My 41 was so picky on ammo (stinger or nothing) it took the fun out having a match grade pistol especially when 22lr was difficult to get.

Haha, yea that's true. I imagine I made much to bold a statement so to respond correctly I can shoot my buckmarks much more accurately than the 41, so much so i sold the 41 and purchased a walther sp22 m3 target. I have enjoyed it so much more. My 41 was so picky on ammo (stinger or nothing) it took the fun out having a match grade pistol especially when 22lr was difficult to get.

Yeah, .22LR pistols can be choosy when it comes to the ammo they prefer.

You would think the manufacturers would make mention of the kind/type ammo the gun was primarily designed to shoot. Maybe some do, but that hasn't been my experience.

Yeah, .22LR pistols can be choosy when it comes to the ammo they prefer.

You would think the manufacturers would make mention of the kind/type ammo the gun was primarily designed to shoot. Maybe some do, but that hasn't been my experience.
It's very frustrating throw into the equation that 22lr ammo production IMO has gone down hill, I remember shooting a $7 dollar brick on a weekend with a couple duds. Now it seems like I make it through a mag with no miss fire's and it feels like Christmas.

It's very frustrating throw into the equation that 22lr ammo production IMO has gone down hill, I remember shooting a $7 dollar brick on a weekend with a couple duds. Now it seems like I make it through a mag with no miss fire's and it feels like Christmas.

Yup......I bought a lot of mine @ Walmart when it was on sale back when, for something like $7.97 per brick. It was usually Remington and it shot well.

A lot of shooters blame their .22LR firearm if it doesn't shoot 100% of the time. They think that something is wrong with it, when in reality, it's the ammo they're shooting.

When I buy a new .22LR firearm, be it rifle or handgun, I always take at least 4-5 different types of ammo with me. That makes it much easier to diagnose a feeding / firing problem.

Well.....

I passed on the trade. The pistol was very well taken care of, but had seen extensive use. It had alot of wear in the mag well, extractor area, and the barrel was dimpled from being dry fired.

Thank you to everyone for the opinions and advice.

Steven

Well.....

I passed on the trade. The pistol was very well taken care of, but had seen extensive use. It had alot of wear in the mag well, extractor area, and the barrel was dimpled from being dry fired.

Thank you to everyone for the opinions and advice.

Steven

Yup.....when I took a good look at the mag, it was obvious, it's seen a lot of use.

Back