anybody get a Stihl 192T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old hb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm overloaded with chainsaws, but was looking at an Echo 341 and my dealer told me that the Stihl 192's were in. Any of you get one? If so, how's it cut?
I can get a pretty good deal on one and was wondering.....

The 192...

I'm overloaded with chainsaws, but was looking at an Echo 341 and my dealer told me that the Stihl 192's were in. Any of you get one? If so, how's it cut?

Well, I am not sure about the Stihl 192 that your dealer was refering to. Stihl is coming out with the new MS192 non-TH model this year. The 192 and 200 TH models are fairly well liked by tree climbers.

I dont know about the 192 or 341. I have a echo 346 and it is an excellent limbing saw, 14" b&c. The only flaw to this model is the air filter location, it is right in front of the saw and gets dirty fast. You can usually find these new on fleabay for $130-$175. From what I have read if you want a pro climbing saw look at the 200T or 338xp .

:rock:

I have 4 of them. Do I need more.Very nice saw. Not a 200T but a nice saw anyway. Built better and more powerful than the Echo.

I've had my 192T for 7 months now. Great little saw, no complaints. I bought it after my tendonitis started acting up, the little thing is real easy on the arms. As has been said though...........it's no 200T.

Ed

I bought mine back in July of 2006. Got it for my dad who was wanting to replace an old Homelite XL2. He seems to love it, but he's no professional by any means, just a weekend cutter. I've used it a time or two and I think it's a good little saw. I opened up the muffler on it like Sawinredneck did in a thread on here. Use the search function to see the details. My dad says it's got more "oomph" to it after doing the muffler and adjusting the carb. I think I paid around $260 for it. I've never used an Echo before, but I've handled a few of them at the saw shop, so I can't really give you a true comparison. It's really light, I do like that about it. I had a 12 inch bar put on it when I got it for my dad. It cuts good for what it is. My only complaint is that the plastic cases don't seem to match up well on the saw. It's like they're warped or something. Other that that, it gets thumbs up from me.

:rock:

I have 4 of them. Do I need more.Very nice saw. Not a 200T but a nice saw anyway. Built better and more powerful than the Echo.

more powerful than an Echo 3000, probably, as both are about the same cc. But the 340/341 should outcut the 192T. Can't speak from experience as one 3400 is long dead, and the other was "borrowed" and never returned...but that's another story.
When I ported the 3400 muffler, it really came alive, and was then only a tad slower than stock 335's and 200T's.....My 192T cuts about the same, but it's had full woods mods....stock, it would be way too slow for me...

Currently having some trouble in the starter spring area, but Stihl knows
they have a problem in that area. They just told me to replace the whole
starter assembly, so I will see what changes they have made in a day or
two when the parts order comes in.

I love mine. I'm not a professional tree climber. I do some pruning in the tree and on the ground, use it to swamp out brush on the trails in my woods, and use it to make quick cuts at the firewood pile/processor in logs up to 12-14"dia. I have a 12" .043" PMN bar and if I ever get to doing bigger work I have a 14"X.050 bar with aggressive chain on it ready to go from my 009 if I need/want to. Right now the goal is to use the NK chain to make the smallest cut/do the least harm to the trees and shrubs around the house.

Latest posts

Back