• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold NOS Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great platform for a port job. I recently sent rattler one that had less than a tank through it, on its way north right now, the video is impressive... good luck with the sale, this one will get some attention.
Russ

I paid a bit over $600.00 for my 359 back in 2003!!!!!

In to days $$$$s it is $798.77 (adjusted for inflation). This is a heck of a saw and a heck of a price!

not to get off on another subject but my Dad bought a new 444SE back in 1981 for $320.00. My grandfather owned a Husky/Echo/Lawnboy shop back in late 70s and early 80s.. My grandfather let my Dad work off the saw with overtime. He also bought a 480CD around the same time.

a 444SE in 1981 would run $951.00 in todays (funny) money. People (young folks) truly don't really understand what things used to cost back in the day. I think he said he paid $480.00 for the 480CD in 1984 / adjusted to $1,135.00 in todays money.

I think an elderly lady here in southern Indiana started a saw shop back in ~1952 or so.. They bought a mac or something like that in ~1952 and it was $525.00 / adjusted for todays $$$ $4,852.00.

Talk about an investment! It really bothers me when people see something and first thing they do is "how much does it cost"... it has nothing to do with the name or the quality or the fact that it has a magnesium case or plastic case.. I am a hardcore husky guy but I am embarrassed that Husky sells "saws" at Lowes and other places.. its aweful business and terrible for the name (i probably get more crap than husky does for selling those saws / southern indiana from what i have seen is "stihl land". I spend too much time "educating" people on what to look for in a real chainsaw. heck, i have to give people a 30 minute class on why not to run ethanol gas if you dont have to and what ethanol (our food supply) does to 2 cycle motors. oh well.. back to work!

I paid a bit over $600.00 for my 359 back in 2003!!!!!

In to days $$$$s it is $798.77 (adjusted for inflation). This is a heck of a saw and a heck of a price!

not to get off on another subject but my Dad bought a new 444SE back in 1981 for $320.00. My grandfather owned a Husky/Echo/Lawnboy shop back in late 70s and early 80s.. My grandfather let my Dad work off the saw with overtime. He also bought a 480CD around the same time.

a 444SE in 1981 would run $951.00 in todays (funny) money. People (young folks) truly don't really understand what things used to cost back in the day. I think he said he paid $480.00 for the 480CD in 1984 / adjusted to $1,135.00 in todays money.

I think an elderly lady here in southern Indiana started a saw shop back in ~1952 or so.. They bought a mac or something like that in ~1952 and it was $525.00 / adjusted for todays $$$ $4,852.00.

Talk about an investment! It really bothers me when people see something and first thing they do is "how much does it cost"... it has nothing to do with the name or the quality or the fact that it has a magnesium case or plastic case.. I am a hardcore husky guy but I am embarrassed that Husky sells "saws" at Lowes and other places.. its aweful business and terrible for the name (i probably get more crap than husky does for selling those saws / southern indiana from what i have seen is "stihl land". I spend too much time "educating" people on what to look for in a real chainsaw. heck, i have to give people a 30 minute class on why not to run ethanol gas if you dont have to and what ethanol (our food supply) does to 2 cycle motors. oh well.. back to work!

So are you buying it? Back to work? Glad you don't work for me....
Russ

How hasn't this gone already??

Awesome mid range (cc) saw. Have had mine for a couple of years now and love it. Did plenty of work till I got my 390xp. Ideally would like something in the middle of the two of those though. Dammit, going to have to get a 372 :)

We don't know if it's gone, the OP hasn't returned texts or PMs...

Back