Norwood Log Hog and Timber tuff 22" grapple combo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the tongs. I'm more of a choker guy. But I do like the 3pt skidder bracket. Our "logging" operation has chokers and tongs with a chain back to a international industrial tractor. It has no 3pt which sucks for getting the logs up and off the ground for dragging, and applying weight to the drive tires.

The tongs slip off more often then I would like to chase back and reset. We had a pair of regular timber tough tongs with just the two spikes on the ends and they seamed to do a better job but nothing was better then a choker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had mine for a long time,

standard.jpg

I like it better than "tongs", but it won't replace a choker. It does work pretty darn good though.

SR

I usually just hook a chain to the log and pull it to where I can cut it to 8 ft pieces if I have to then throw them on the pallet forks on the tractor. Unless you have too many trees in the way where you can't do that what is the advantage of dragging the log?

I have several types and sizes of tongs, I use none of them anymore. Just not worth the hassle anymore. I built a rear hydraulic log grapple and it works great. Last time I used the tongs I put them on my 3 pth post hole digger arm and it worked okay. Was fine for playing around but the hydraulic grapple is the way to go.

Latest posts

Back