• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Shindaiwa 488 package deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan'smilling

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have 2 Shindaiwa 488s that I want to sell together. One is a parts saw in a box. Piston was scored and is not included. Cylinder should clean up. Everything else is there.

The other I acquired recently in a trade with @old guy. Neither of us have run it much, but cosmetically it's in very good shape. Missing a little paint on the clutch cover, but otherwise it's clean and shiny. It has an adjustable H jet. The parts saw does not. It starts up and runs well. The starter rope is a little short. I think Jon deleted the base gasket and opened up the muffler.

I'd like to get $175 plus actual shipping for both saws. No bars or chains included.

rps20170710_152521.jpg rps20170710_152609.jpg rps20170710_152709_565.jpg rps20170710_152751_437.jpg rps20170710_152848_836.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the parts saw and what's missing from it other than the piston?

Sorry, no pictures on hand. I can snap a couple tomorrow afternoon though. To the best of my knowledge, it's all there other than the piston.

I love these things.
488s rule

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, they're damned good little saws. I had a third one too, and wasn't planning on selling them, but a ported 346 is getting mailed my way, and I have a couple of other nice 50cc saws, so I just didn't think I needed these. Be good to replenish my cash after the husky purchase. The first one I bought served me really well. Never once did it fail to start. Never shut off while idling. Just a super reliable piece of equipment.

Bump.

I just found four 5.2oz bottles of stihl ultra oil in my stash. I'll throw them in with these shinnies to sweeten the deal.

Here's a video of the 488 running this afternoon:

Wood is poplar. The chain is Oregon full-chisel .325. 18" bar. The chain is sharp, but has cut a couple dozen rounds from similar material.

Latest posts

Back