Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those pioneer clutches not the standard spline? I swap rims between my P50s and 3200 all the time, and I'm pretty certain I just bought a stihl/Oregon rim last time. Its the large standard spline if I'm not mistake. The rim doesn't care what gauge of chain you run in it. And I suggest measuring the bar groove, all (7 or so) of my pioneer branded bars are 0.058" gauge, irrespective of whether they are .404 or 3/8".

Are those pioneer clutches not the standard spline?

No personal experience, but from what I've read while searching on the subject, the standard 68210 3/8-7T rim isn't compatible with the OEM (Herr?) setup and requires an Oregon Sd7 drum sprocket. 27440 looks like the Oregon number for the complete conversion kit.

Untitled.jpg

What do you think it's worth?.. I have reason to believe it's on it's first chain, and it's never been sharpened.. no burr on bar bottom, no wear on spur teeth (but there is paint), no scratches on bottom.. Looks like it got used to cut a limb, then put away and the paint just flaked off... I bought it for a cigarette.. overpaid?
20170721_230657-jpg.592221

Also, did some noodling with the 610 2 weekends ago, it does ok, but the clutch cover packs up in a real hurry!

View attachment 591166

All that open space under the bottom end seems to just collect the chips.

When we were doing a good bit of noodling we would change out the clutch cover and use a block of hardwood with holes drilled to match the bar stud pattern, just bolt that on the outside and go about noodling. Sometimes the saw noodled for most of the day near the end of hardwood firewood season just cutting up those rounds that were too tough to split by hand.

Back