576xp being replaced with 572XP . . . Latest generation auto tune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Nick! Hows it buddy.

Don't be that way Nick.

I have a solution. We will change your user name and stay out of the mountains?
No luck eh?
I think I will start a thread 'about the 572...er..um..because we don't have enough. IDK...different discussions.
I can see through a lot of their ****
They said they tested on 5 continents in extreme conditions? -20C is about optimal interior winter conditions for both humans and saws. Then they left the saw outside for the night and said that that would be the real test? That's the best thing for it. Fluctuation is what's going to take it down.
They didn't go over 4,200 ft either.
They said 'Canada' was the biggest test because of both extreme heat as well cold
But they just showed a clip of small south east Kootenys BC. Were is all this testing?

Africa was 38 C (100f)
That's hot, I've cut in that more than a few times and never had an issue with 2 & 3 series.

Oh the 576 isn't going anywhere. With a 32" bar and power it is perfect for my needs.

Our local dealer here is at 4,500 ft elevation and I normally cut at around 5,300-6,000. And heck another 15 min drive I could be cutting monster white fir at 7,200 ft.

I guess they didn't want our dealer to play with the saw. I wonder if its because of the all the Stihl on the wall...lol

I suspect it is crank seals. Fires right up but runs lean before quitting. I pulled the muffler off and the piston looks perfect. I also swapped the carb off my 2260, but it made no difference. I estimate the saw has at least 1200-1500 hours on it so I don't see me spending much money on it. Has been a problem free saw until this.
Check the auto tune to see how many hours it has lasted

Why are they keeping the 565? What market are they hoping to get with this saw?
haha
You talk like its been around for some time.
Ask yourself why did they have a 61, 365?

I thought that at first too. I was thinking the 572 would be very close to the 562 weight/size
So why have a 562 and 365?...BUT...
They need to offer one at a less price.

Husqvarna have always done this in my time. As it is, they will continue to. It makes more sense to me than a 550 & 555,
But if there is any one thing consumers like then that would be choice, especially when its virtually the same thing at 25 to 30% less. Its a great sales tactic on their part, however, I'm under the believe that Husqvarna's intention with the 365 was to have a different crankshaft with the 365 and a Zama carb here but both were problematic and changed quickly.

The 61 & 365 have been the back bone work horse of campany's (fleet sales)
The market has been huge for the 61 & 365 here.
Possibly some of the biggest sellers of all time. They are/were the consumer saws of choice. I would think hands down, the 365 out sold the 371/372 here. I remember them selling 10 years ago for $679 and the 372 around $950 and we were at 14% tax in BC.
The 266 is Legendary here, it was like the end of the world when they stoped making it. The old work horse 61 gave it a run in sales, I'm sure.

Im very curious about the 565 differences.

I still feel Husqvarna has something up their sleave here.

I believe the 572 will be the lesser model.
I'm certainly not talking about the 565 when a say lesser model.
The 365 will definitely be offered at a good price. It has the same weigh as well ccm but is 14% less power.
By the equivalent weight, it seems they both possible have the beefed up bottom ends which is a good sign.

What I think may happen if things go well with the bottom end and all, then release it in a 50mm too. Basically a 577?

As much as I like the idea of a 50mm top end on this saw - I have a feeling we wouldn't see it for a fair while. The rollout of the 572 will take nearly two years worldwide and if they release a bigger version on the same platform in that time no one would buy the 572.
I'd imagine the 90cc saw would be released first.

haha
You talk like its been around for some time.
Ask yourself why did they have a 61, 365?

I thought that at first too. I was thinking the 572 would be very close to the 562 weight/size
So why have a 562 and 365?...BUT...
They need to offer one at a less price.

Husqvarna have always done this in my time. As it is, they will continue to. It makes more sense to me than a 550 & 555,
But if there is any one thing consumers like then that would be choice, especially when its virtually the same thing at 25 to 30% less. Its a great sales tactic on their part, however, I'm under the believe that Husqvarna's intention with the 365 was to have a different crankshaft with the 365 and a Zama carb here but both were problematic and changed quickly.

The 61 & 365 have been the back bone work horse of campany's (fleet sales)
The market has been huge for the 61 & 365 here.
Possibly some of the biggest sellers of all time. They are/were the consumer saws of choice. I would think hands down, the 365 out sold the 371/372 here. I remember them selling 10 years ago for $679 and the 372 around $950 and we were at 14% tax in BC.
The 266 is Legendary here, it was like the end of the world when they stoped making it. The old work horse 61 gave it a run in sales, I'm sure.

Im very curious about the 565 differences.

I still feel Husqvarna has something up their sleave here.

I believe the 572 will be the lesser model.
I'm certainly not talking about the 565 when a say lesser model.
The 365 will definitely be offered at a good price. It has the same weigh as well ccm but is 14% less power.
By the equivalent weight, it seems they both possible have the beefed up bottom ends which is a good sign.

What I think may happen if things go well with the bottom end and all, then release it in a 50mm too. Basically a 577?

So if they like to keep saws close to the same size why not keep the 576?

Wonder what it would take to upgrade the 576 with the 572 autotune? hmmmm

Wonder if the 576 cylinder will fit on a 565/572? 565 XPW? hmmmm....

Any pictures of the full wrap bars? Hope they are full wrap and not the 3/4 wrap like on the 562.

Any pictures of the full wrap bars? Hope they are full wrap and not the 3/4 wrap like on the 562.
The cylinder is a slanted back design, so it won't even be close to the 576. Totally different design.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

1) IDK
2) IDK
3) No! longer stroke. May be bigger at the connecting end too.. among other things.
4) yes
Only people using full wrap was BC fallers in the Canadian tests.

Go to :3:45 on the Canadian clip.
Its a nice full wrap. It has a nice angle forward. Better than 372 as they are uneven balance from each side.
http://hqendurance.azurewebsites.net/

They aren't really reinventing the wheel, but certainly not going to knock them for trying to make a better full chisel chain.
Better chip clearance is always a good thing. The raker height will be a bit more sensitive, I'll be more likely to use a guide for every raker I imagine.
Won't really know much until I've had a loop for a couple of weeks.

How long do you guys think the 576 will be around before they stop making them and parts?

That's probably anyone's guess. I wouldn't imagine they will axe it right away. But if the 572xp hits the US shores summer of 2018, I would hazard a guess that they'll stop production maybe by winter 2019?? Dealer stock may then dry up by 2020-2021. By then they will be releasing their 590xp (and maybe 595xp) variants, and they'll want to phase out the older strato engine designs.
Parts availability should be fine for at least a decade before we start seeing thing go NLA. All of this is just my guess.

Have you seen this already?

scary what they call a professional logger these days. i guess maybe they are for their area but i can't help but feel like i'm watching some guys cut firewood lol i personally would be ashamed to call myself a logger on film cutting that **** in that prestine ground. makes the job look way to easy as a real logger don't ever see ground even kinda close to that. i don't know, i just see what they call a logger on the coast and these guys ain't it lol that saw needs some proper testing.

scary what they call a professional logger these days. i guess maybe they are for their area but i can't help but feel like i'm watching some guys cut firewood lol i personally would be ashamed to call myself a logger on film cutting that **** in that prestine ground. makes the job look way to easy as a real logger don't ever see ground even kinda close to that. i don't know, i just see what they call a logger on the coast and these guys ain't it lol that saw needs some proper testing.
I agree they should be tested on the west coast like they all use to be we get extremes as well as using them the hardest.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The loggers don't have a problem with the terrain, it's the camera crews that do. They were taking it easy so they could film them using the new saw up close, as opposed to from a chopper or a pair of binoculars.

The loggers don't have a problem with the terrain, it's the camera crews that do. They were taking it easy so they could film them using the new saw up close, as opposed to from a chopper or a pair of binoculars.

that right there is the same kind of cutting as back east. i'm sorry but if that's what they call a logger people are getting the wrong impression of logging. it's NOT that easy, not even close. even the guy says it's big wood but then he's running a 20" bar! lol he doesn't walk the log limbing because he is used to pecker poles. that is buncher wood not logger wood lol it's all they got left over there.

Back