The Problem with Normal People

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got a smashed in skull. And you boys had no clue all this time

Thar b some beautiful wood in that tree. Luv the fragrance of freshly cut wood and smoke from a wood stove. Therapeutic.

Gonna cut some timbers for my shed or garage or dog house, depending on World War Three's mood.

A little seed covered in dirt, rained upon, with some sunlight, plus time and thar she be: tons of beautiful red oak wood. strong, tough, massive, durable, malleable.

my right arm and my left hand--gone with the wind, baby.

both cheeks, my tongue, one eye, 90% of my stomach and spleen, one and a half kidneys, but not my good looks and charm. The babes are all over me.

how do u like ur 660? how long have u had it?
I got it around Christmas. I really like it a lot. Mine is one of those "refurbished" saws. I got it from a sponsor here who builds them using AM and OEM parts. I really like running it. It has good throttle response, cranks about 1/2 of the first pull when hot. Made quick work of this red oak limb a couple of weeks ago.IMG_2158.JPG

I got it around Christmas. I really like it a lot. Mine is one of those "refurbished" saws. I got it from a sponsor here who builds them using AM and OEM parts. I really like running it. It has good throttle response, cranks about 1/2 of the first pull when hot. Made quick work of this red oak limb a couple of weeks ago.View attachment 597799

They are powerful machines. I never make impulsive buys. Just the opposite. It can take me years of research to find the best and the best deal on equipment.

As I approached a Stihl store one evening after work and without doing any research or shopping around, I popped inside and instantly purchased my 660. I fell off the wagon, totally consumed by its rugged good looks, the way it felt in my hands and the image I conjured of myself atop a Redwood cutting limb after limb with one hand on the saw and swinging from branch to branch with the other. A bald Tarzan with a gut and a chainsaw.

In reality I can barely lift the beast and holding it level is a constant source of aggravation. Just starting it takes about all my strength. But, baby, when she's tuned and the chain is sharp, she's a wrecking machine, a saber-toothed tiger, a hungry great white.

I got her to cut timbers out of trees on my property. Now, a bunch of massive posts and beams strewn all over the place serves as a constant reminder that it's time to start to build something.

You know who's perrty? Danielle Panabaker. Hubba hubba.

That's disgusting. How dare you!
Thanks to modern medicine, after 724 operations, I look like this. I am quite the stud
ed (2).jpg

Back