Time To Buy a New Riding Mower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As he hands you the bill
And you spin in the slipstream
Timeless unreasoning
Paddle right out of the mess

He was willing to give to you, you didn't care.
You're waiting for more but you've already had your share.

• 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
  • 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
  • 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
  • 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
  • 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
  • 165-179 - High genius
  • 180-200 - Highest genius
  • >200 - "Unmeasurable genius" Ian Anderson

I'm older.
I see you shuffle in the courtroom with
your rings upon your fingers
and your downy little sidies
and your silver-buckle shoes.
Playing at the hard case,
you follow the example of the comic-paper idol
who lets you bend the rules.

The legends (worded in
the ancient tribal hymn)
lie cradled in the seagull's call.
And all the promises they made are ground beneath the sadist's fall.

I'm older.
I see you shuffle in the courtroom with
your rings upon your fingers
and your downy little sidies
and your silver-buckle shoes.
Playing at the hard case,
you follow the example of the comic-paper idol
who lets you bend the rules.

The legends (worded in
the ancient tribal hymn)
lie cradled in the seagull's call.
And all the promises they made are ground beneath the sadist's fall.
Mary had a little lamb with fleece as white as snow,

Take your mower to the repair Place and see what tbey say.
Where im at we have saw shop that sells new stihl and claims to be a small engine repair shop.... they like send machines back home that only needed maintenance or minor parts replacements that now suddenly need to be junked entirely.... and replaced with some high dollar shiny new machine. I have had friends get screwed royaly by these guys.
I have taken my mowers- walk behind and ride-on to the guy that just does repairs. I have always felt good about his work and pricing.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

And its amazing what u can learn nowadays..... i am not mechanically gifted, but j watched a youtube video and felt pretty ok in taking off my carburetor and cleaning it and putting it back.....it wasnt wanting to start for me all season, so i figured wth . It was pretty awesome when i pulled the cord and it started perfectly. Ive been doin my own maintanance like oil/filter changes, sharpening/ replacing the blades, belts, etc. Its all in the owners manual and if u dont have one, you can easily dowld a pdf

Take your mower to the repair Place and see what tbey say.
Where im at we have saw shop that sells new stihl and claims to be a small engine repair shop.... they like send machines back home that only needed maintenance or minor parts replacements that now suddenly need to be junked entirely.... and replaced with some high dollar shiny new machine. I have had friends get screwed royaly by these guys.
I have taken my mowers- walk behind and ride-on to the guy that just does repairs. I have always felt good about his work and pricing.

If you lived in TN, I'd say we were talking about the same shop! :mad: Friggin crooks.

And its amazing what u can learn nowadays..... i am not mechanically gifted, but j watched a youtube video and felt pretty ok in taking off my carburetor and cleaning it and putting it back.....it wasnt wanting to start for me all season, so i figured wth . It was pretty awesome when i pulled the cord and it started perfectly. Ive been doin my own maintanance like oil/filter changes, sharpening/ replacing the blades, belts, etc. Its all in the owners manual and if u dont have one, you can easily dowld a pdf

I'll try that on the next one. :yes:

Holy cow, I made some awesome typo's. but I'm guessing u got what I was saying...

Your shop and mine sound alarmingly similar. I'd bet they might even have the same generic website. Kinda curious now. Gotta check

I just looked up the shop in my town... And boy is this odd, I swear, just a month ago, it was a Stihl retailer. Now they are Huskvarna. There was some scuttlebutt about a recent lawsuit this particular store lost about this exact sort of thing. I can't find anything to confirm or deny this tho.

Read thru the thread and have a question. From the looks of the website they deal in mostly 2 cycle stuff, Now what would be the possibilty that they put some mixed gas in the tank. Would smoke like heck. before i did anything, I would simply check the gas and see if it is plain gas or mixed. If In doubt, run the mower until tank is dry and refill with gas. The oil mixed in the gas wouldnt hurt anything, except the mo-skee-toes. If it is/was mixed gas, the smokeing would clear up once the mixed gas is gone.

Back