2-man saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a new float in the Tillotson AJ carb on the Disston DA-211.

4631c8c8fd7d51315d6c3d6981e71e7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is my IEL SUPER TWIN model PH, the last ones produced. Just got it running this past Sunday. It was sitting in my basement torn apart for the last six years and I finally got the ambition to put it back together and make it run again. One of the cylinders was scored pretty bad and the other just a little so I knocked down the high spots on the pistons, put on new rings and ball honed the cylinders. Compression feels about the same on both cylinders so far, hasn't run for more than a minute or so.
Replaced bearings, seals and salvaged the coils. The outer coil casings were in typical condition for these meaning they were severely cracked with pieces falling off. Luckily they still made spark so I used epoxy to bond the pieces together and sealed up the coils with a few heavy coats of Plasti Dip.

In the video you can can tell the saw has a wee bit of piston slap going on. Hopefully I can find some oversized piston and fix that problem.

Your PH is awesome! You can still get coils, points and condensers for these out of Chicago. Standard Electric I believe. I can send you the part numbers if you are interested

Thanks, and if you would share those number that would be awesome.

Thanks, and if you would share those number that would be awesome.

Here's what I was able to dig up from when I bought from these guys in 2013. www.standardmagneto.com The coil was about $40 USD. Condensor $12 and points around $20.

Coil: X-5460
Condenser: X-5463

I didn't buy them but I have a note about the parts below.
X-7072 Stator plate
X-5464 Coil Terminal protector

Here's what I was able to dig up from when I bought from these guys in 2013. www.standardmagneto.com The coil was about $40 USD. Condensor $12 and points around $20.

Coil: X-5460
Condenser: X-5463

I didn't buy them but I have a note about the parts below.
X-7072 Stator plate
X-5464 Coil Terminal protector

That is a big help. Thanks a bunch.

I had a chance to buy a McCulloch 940 2-man saw today, and it was in clean, original shape. Guy wanted 350.00 for it. I thought it was going to be a Poulan before I went to see it. When I got through buying all the other saws I wanted, I didn't have enough money left to get it. He is holding the Mac for me if I want it later. He had it running a while back, but it needs a little carb work. Should I get it? Thanks!

Go back and get that 940, Well worth the money if it's clean. I paid a lot more for mine
but mine is exceptionally clean and a sweet runner. Seen some sell in the 6's.
I think I will go back and get it. Funny how these saw owners seem to wait until you are low on funds and THEN call you!!

Trying to get a model 99 /7-55 mac running anyone know the rough carb settings. I think the needle on the side of the carb controls the air and the one that goes through the fuel tank controls fuel???

Latest posts

Back