What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my dad's old BroilMaster grill but the cast iron element finally burned through after 30+ years of use. Spent 120 clams on a new element but figured that's better than buying a $90 cheapo grill that will rust out in a couple of years.

After burning off the paint and seasoning the grates we were ready to celebrate with a porterhouse.

IMG_9950.JPG
IMG_9956.JPG
IMG_9978.JPG
IMG_9979.JPG

Smoking Summer sausage, And making sweet I Italian links. Turned out half ass. Not near as good as you guys. Ribs, ( I hungry )

Attachments

• 101_2360.JPG
    101_2360.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 101_2372.JPG
    101_2372.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Guess I forgot to share this last weekend.

This was the young buck I hit with my truck earlier last week. Threw the tenderloins and some sirloin tip steaks right into marinade. This was by far the best venison I've eaten, ever. So tender and so mild.

IMG_0062.JPG

Grilled poblanos as a side.
IMG_0061.JPG

Perfect.
IMG_0063.JPG

Smoked some venison sausage and a couple ducks last night. I've never smoked either before. I'm in love with the duck breast! I took it to 145°. I know that's a little further than some take it but with a six hour brine it was plenty juicy. I roasted the duck skin and carcass after cleaning it and reserved the rendered fat for????
IMAG0556.jpg
IMAG0557.jpg
IMAG0559.jpg

Some baby back ribs I did up last night.

BBQ rub, garlic salt, and brown sugar.
IMG_0347.JPG

I wanted to sear them on the charcoal grill with some smoke but it was snowing to beat hell so I just used the gas grill.

Post sear. Wrapped in foil and baked for three hours.
IMG_0348.JPG

After three hours. I'm going to slather them in Stubbs before I reheat them.
IMG_0351.JPG

Some baby back ribs I did up last night.

BBQ rub, garlic salt, and brown sugar.
View attachment 610871

I wanted to sear them on the charcoal grill with some smoke but it was snowing to beat hell so I just used the gas grill.

Post sear. Wrapped in foil and baked for three hours.
View attachment 610872

After three hours. I'm going to slather them in Stubbs before I reheat them.
View attachment 610873

Well it looks the best to me!!! :)

Back