The tree fell on the house. Crane

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much envy. In Australia we're not allowed by OHS rules to ride the crane hook & cut trees..

The industry have made attempts to change this and in one City its done under stringent code of practice and we can with some permit effort get in a crane line rigged basket and work from that....

Much envy. In Australia we're not allowed by OHS rules to ride the crane hook & cut trees..

The industry have made attempts to change this and in one City its done under stringent code of practice and we can with some permit effort get in a crane line rigged basket and work from that....
It is sad. This approach is the safest, and sometimes the only, in certain conditions.

I was thinking the same thing about OSHA here in the states. That really did look like the Best and SAFEST way to do that job.
As a Truck Driver, I can tell you that many of the rules imposed on the industry, are written and passed by people who have never done the job :confused:

Doug

I was thinking the same thing about OSHA here in the states. That really did look like the Best and SAFEST way to do that job.
As a Truck Driver, I can tell you that many of the rules imposed on the industry, are written and passed by people who have never done the job :confused:

Doug

sad but true,, i'd rather be in harness on 20 ton cable working the tree top down than roped climb up a big rotten dead gum over power lines or home glass roof

download (6).jpg

Back