the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww i got a song tune in ma head but cant recall it enuff to work out what it is ffs 70ies classic rock starts weird chunky intro then rolls into hammer on off sort 12 bar riff but cant get even a line of lyric to search... I heard it on this but they dont have song list
https://classicrock1377.com.au/

its been bothering me for 3 weeks now thank **** i finally nutted this tune out of my head,, i was thinking all sorts of 70ies stadium bands never twigged be Queen ffs

What a **** show
I'm liking much of what I've heard from them so far. Immigration dropping but not eliminated, foreigners excluded from buying existing homes. In a perfect world I wouldn't agree with their raising of the minimum wage, but given many of their policies are going to hurt the economy I can see why they are mainlining a stimulus of discretionary spending of lower income earners to take a bit of a sting out. It's still gonna hurt but far better to do it now while we are not completely captured.

We welcome them with open arms here and sell everything to China
Yeah mate. Been that way here too. For too long. It's a feeble, shameful way to keep the wheels ticking over. Eventually, we have no soul left. No culture of our own. Our norms and morality slide out the window. Our governance structures bought or captured. It may be too late for NZ but we'll go down fighting.

It will be interesting however, if the current govt can hold it together a full term before the factions start pulling it apart.

Farmers are to be treated Like peasants seen and not heard
It's a tough life made tougher by a society that radically undervalues farmers and primary producers in general. I've often wondered if urban NZ would value farmers more, be motivated more to really support NZ grown/farmed product over anything else, if workers in urban NZ all had to do a 3 month work placement in rural NZ before they hit 25 years old. Preferably, a dairy farm during calving, or a grower during harvest, etc. I swear too many kiwis haven't a bloody clue how hard it was to produce the food they take for granted.

The closer we get to primary producers, the more they seem to be undervalued. I'm not saying everyone else in the chain is overvalued, but it just ***** me how ripped off many producers are. Many are running at a loss or a tiny profit compared to the investment, utterly dependant on the capital value of their farms increasing so the banks don't pull the plug on their overdrafts/loans.

Back