Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 2014 I picked up this Pioneer 11-60 with a couple of Homelites I was after. It has sat since then. It looked like someone took an axe to the tank, the bearings were very loose and I almost pitched it. A friend gave me a couple of Holidays (same frame) and one has some issues and became a donor saw for the 11-60.

Not sure why I bothered to fix it up some as I'm guessing it's no hotrod or anything special. Still have to paint the black panel on the clutch cover, kit the carb make a couple of gaskets and install it and fix up the muffler bolts.
The carb primer has been set aside for now and this saw will have a choke.View attachment 603012 View attachment 603013 View attachment 603014 View attachment 603015 View attachment 603016 View attachment 603017 View attachment 603018

My paint prep on the saw was less than stellar. Pictures do lie.

This Pioneer version was sort of a pea soup color when new rather than the traditional yellow. The photo's show the color as it would have been I think but it's somewhat greener than it appears in the pics.
Looking forward to running it soon. New bearings, seals, fuel line, gaskets and the points cleaned up. It has great spark now.

I'm glad to hear that one of the Holidays was useful

I have been repairing the RA and 600 series saws since 1962 or so and if done correctly the repaired ones are still in service. We didn`t have any aluminum welding gear around back then and relied on rivets for many types of repairs. Soft aluminum pound rivets saved our azzes many times over.

Since it rained all day today I got the 14/20 reassembled . I put new crank seals in and my internet gently used 14/50 P/C produces 130 PSI. Im happy with that. Thought I would share a little info .
Crank seals are TCM #059112 SC or SKF/CR #5946.
Crank bearings are # 6202
Tillotson HS 39A carb kit . Jacks small engine online.
Oregon 1/8 x 1/4 tygon fuel line.
Poulan 2 port primer bulb mod.

I still need a flocked air filter . For now I cleaned it well and put silicone in the flocking holes in it! I did find a good repair material used to repair air vents it mountain snowmobiles. This screen mesh is so fine a drop of water will sit on it and air will pass right through. They recommend using clear silicone to glue it on the frame. Here is a link.

https://www.wr-products.com/products/wrp-3-pc-universal-vent-repair-kit.

Im going to call them and see If I can just buy the super fine mesh as the other sizes are to course. Hopefully I can fire it tomorrow!

Tom

Hear is a saw I did over for a friend hope you enjoy it

Really nice Joe.
An interesting note about the red colour. Back in the forties the red pigment they used would turn almost brown on cars in about three years. The red you have may be closer to what the colour was back then. I guess we will never know. Even if a paint code was found, the pigments of the time aren't available.

Really nice Joe.
An interesting note about the red colour. Back in the forties the red pigment they used would turn almost brown on cars in about three years. The red you have may be closer to what the colour was back then. I guess we will never know. Even if a paint code was found, the pigments of the time aren't available.
I would not dought your correct Tim

Fired the 14/20 tonight ! It's in the fortys here tonight so tuning isnt happening. It ran well enough to cut some noodles from some 30" ash rounds I need to quarter. The smile of satisfaction is on my face . Last month it was $10 left for dead at Hay Days in Minnesota . Now it's a new member of the family! Best part is I scored a honda welder/ generator , a skill 1610 , and a stihl weed whip from the neighbor who thought I could do something with the pile.
Junk finds me . Love the dual port exhaust.
Tom

IMG_1430.JPG

Latest posts

Back