Tested or not? 572 extreme conditions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This saw and the New MS462. My prediction is one manufacturer will get it right and one will be so so.

I have no idea.

I switched to Husq years ago from Stihl, but have dabbled back in with Stihl in recent years- specifically 241,261cm, 362cm, 661cmr, 064, (2) 044 10m,044 12m, and 440/46 hybrid. The one I still have is the 440/46 hybrid. Id like all the others back except for the 362. I no longer am "all Husq or all Stihl" it's stupid to take sides. They both make turds and runners. Having had over 50 saws ported by Mastermind, the only saw I never liked was the 362cmr version 1. It just seemed bulky for 60cc. The only saw I still want to try or own one day is a ported 361.

I believe that both these saws will be great. The 70cc saw is crucial to both manufacturers. They have both invested many years and tons of money into getting it right. For the majority of people 70cc is a huge saw and will be the one bought if someone needs a "big saw". Neither manufacturer can afford to screw this up. Given the specs we have on the saws, it looks like the 572 will be a little beefier, maybe making way for a larger saw on the same platform. The 462 has gone on a diet shedding enough weight to erase the need for a 60cc saw but able to perform at 70cc power. Both are very exciting to us users. Im stoked to get both eventually. 70cc saws are to me the perfect one saw plan. I had a 10mm 044 for 12 years before I ever found online sites and picked up CAD. During that time, I never felt like I needed a bigger or smaller saw. In truth, Im a victim- these saw forums have cost me 10's of thousands of dollars.:D

You don't have to go off and talk good sense and everything. Sheesh!

And I kinda like my 362..kinda.

I have a bike I call "the couch" and another I call "the bandit". I think I'll start calling the 362 "the box". It runs pretty good and handles deceivingly well for a box.

Maybe the fellow who said one will be good and one will be so-so got it right.

Pick your poison.

I will wait for the reports from the trenches.

I switched to Husq years ago from Stihl, but have dabbled back in with Stihl in recent years- specifically 241,261cm, 362cm, 661cmr, 064, (2) 044 10m,044 12m, and 440/46 hybrid. The one I still have is the 440/46 hybrid. Id like all the others back except for the 362. I no longer am "all Husq or all Stihl" it's stupid to take sides. They both make turds and runners. Having had over 50 saws ported by Mastermind, the only saw I never liked was the 362cmr version 1. It just seemed bulky for 60cc. The only saw I still want to try or own one day is a ported 361.

I believe that both these saws will be great. The 70cc saw is crucial to both manufacturers. They have both invested many years and tons of money into getting it right. For the majority of people 70cc is a huge saw and will be the one bought if someone needs a "big saw". Neither manufacturer can afford to screw this up. Given the specs we have on the saws, it looks like the 572 will be a little beefier, maybe making way for a larger saw on the same platform. The 462 has gone on a diet shedding enough weight to erase the need for a 60cc saw but able to perform at 70cc power. Both are very exciting to us users. Im stoked to get both eventually. 70cc saws are to me the perfect one saw plan. I had a 10mm 044 for 12 years before I ever found online sites and picked up CAD. During that time, I never felt like I needed a bigger or smaller saw. In truth, Im a victim- these saw forums have cost me 10's of thousands of dollars.:D
ya but ya' gained tens of thousand of dollars of experience !!

Back