DOLMAR PARTS AND SERVICE IN CANADA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn39

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Been going through threads on your web site and decided to join. Joined because I'm in need of a new larger saw. I was really into the Dolmar 5105 for a while and then was told getting parts in Canada is hard. So I then started really looking at the new ms261cm because of the great power to weight ratio. So I'm just looking for a saw to clean up around the yard and keep the wood pile stocked up and then go out with the atv and snowmobile club and clear trails before each season.

What can you guys tell me about the Dolmar? Should I just go with the 261. the 261 has great features like encapsulated bar nuts, good power to weight ration etc. the Dolmar in 550.00 and the 261 is on sale right now for 699 with a wood pro kit included.

I will not be porting it or anything like that so if we could just keep it to stock saw info that would be great.

I feel the Dolmar might be better as well because I can tune it my self where the 261 I have to take it in if anything goes wrong.
thanks for all you're info and help in advance

Hello Shawn and welcome to AS.
I doubt you'll have any difficulty finding Dolmar parts in Canada.
All the former Dolmar dealers are now under the Makita name. Parts, service and warranty remain unchanged, just do a search online to find your closest dealer.
5105 is a pro model, a solid and strong performer...and priced significantly below other major brands. You'll also find it comes with a much longer warranty - even if you use it commercially !
I have one in 3/8" chain and would give a high recommendation without question.

Another member recently had the very same dilema. Ultimately he chose to go with Dolmar.
I'll try and find the thread.
Either way you'll end up with a fine unit that will make you smile.

I currently sell Makita / Dolmar
Makita took over parts and sales in October 2015 from Powersource Canada (Briggs & Stratton )

Parts are readily available , but Makita is a few days to get parts shipped out , they have no online dealer portal

I placed an order a few weeks ago for a customer needing an oil pump and asked Makita to ship ASAP , it took about a week to ship.
The warehouse is only 2 hours away from me.

Hopefully they can address this issue.

Where other companies like Stihl and Echo are parts over night as long as the order is placed by 2pm

Makita took over parts and sales in October 2015 from Powersource Canada (Briggs & Stratton )

Parts are readily available , but Makita is a few days to get parts shipped out , they have no online dealer portal

I placed an order a few weeks ago for a customer needing an oil pump and asked Makita to ship ASAP , it took about a week to ship.

Where other companies like Stihl and Echo are parts over night as long as the order is placed by 2pm

Thanks very much for the info! This is exactly what I was looking for. I don't really want a saw that takes two weeks to get parts when its your go to saw. I have a cheap little 32cc my old man gave me but I don't want to burn it up and plus the tank is so small and doesn't have much power.

Hello Shawn and welcome to AS.
I doubt you'll have any difficulty finding Dolmar parts in Canada.
All the former Dolmar dealers are now under the Makita name. Parts, service and warranty remain unchanged, just do a search online to find your closest dealer.
5105 is a pro model, a solid and strong performer...and priced significantly below other major brands. You'll also find it comes with a much longer warranty - even if you use it commercially !
I have one in 3/8" chain and would give a high recommendation without question.

Another member recently had the very same dilema. Ultimately he chose to go with Dolmar.
I'll try and find the thread.
Either way you'll end up with a fine unit that will make you smile.

You are right about the Dolmar being less cost then the rest. i like that about them. I feel stihl and husky are over priced

Dealer portal. Talk to your rep and he should be able to set you up. :)

http://b2b.makita.com/

Funny, we asked our rep and emailed up higher ,
And nothing , this is in Canada
Are things different US side?

Funny, we asked our rep and emailed up higher ,
And nothing , this is in Canada
Are things different US side?
My first rep didn't help either. My new one did. I would think you should have it. Cause it does everything. Shows sales per month, yada, yada. And you can order parts.

I have a 5105 and I can compare it to an 026. I am very happy with both models (I have 3 026's ). I run a 20" 3/8 on the 5105 and I have 16" on the 026's one 3/8 and one .325. I use the 026's way more mainly because they just feel better and the power to weight is perfect. I love the Dolmar but of I had to pick I'm keeping the 026.

Okay thanks to all the people that helped me pick a new saw. I ended up going with the Dolmar PS-5105AH-18. Also picked up a second chain and and a power box. Have not really used it yet (besides cutting a dead branch off the spruce tree). The one thing I can say is it sounds fantastic and I really like the touch & stop lever design. When I get some cutting time in with it I will let you all know what I think.

Back