Heatmor hot water not reaching furnace in house. HELP. Near Muskegon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a circulator stick once after sitting all summer. Would be odd to have two stick at the same time - but you never know I guess. It's also a good idea to have a spare on hand in case one konks out in the middle of a cold snap - swapping in a known good one would rule a circulator problem out. Also another reason to have lots of iso valves - easy swapping. Good luck anyway.

An amp clamp is your friend. See if the pumps are drawing their rated amperage when they're running- I will bet they are not. As others have said, unless there's a valve closed in the line, an air-lock is your best bet, especially if you turned the pumps off for the summer and your stove sits lower than the heating coils.

I would work on one loop at a time. Isolate the one you aren't working on, and figure out a way to get an air vent at the high spots in the lines, even if you have to cut them in. If you have radiators or manufactured coils, they often come with a screw bleeder in them, but if they don't, do what you have to to get them in. They need to be in there anyway.

I was just reading this link.. Does he have a "Y" screen on his system that could be plugged? If he's had the system for 9 years, that could be the problem. How well did the stove work last year? I would be checking the screen and then the pump..

Latest posts

Back