New chainsaw ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacpa17

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My Husqvarna 570 is getting old. Never loved it as I do my ms 261. I have the stihl ms 261 but would like to get something in the 60cc range primarily to cut firewood logs. Like the ms461 but the weight is a little heavy for me to use for a few hours. Husqvarna 562xp, echo 590? Would like a quality saw for the long haul. How are the Makitas? Your ideas would be appreciated.

I had a ms390 and 290 sold both and bought a new echo 620 only have 4 tanks through it and would buy another one in a heart beat. Saw works great cuts anything I threw at it so far with the 24" bar

I have three Stihls in that size - 036Pro, 361 and 362. My 361 has had Terry Landrum's hands on it and it is my favorite. But having run side by side with a 562XP, I will have to say the 562XP is no slouch. A new 562XP is much easier to find than a like new 361. Duh, you may say but still an important point. See if you can handle a few of the different saws in this class and pick the one that feels the best - you'll likely get more wood cut than just going with the fastest. Ron

Yes, do check out the Dolmar PS-6100 or whatever Makita calls them now. Solidly built and smooth running.

you may say but still an important point. See if you can handle a few of the different saws in this class and pick the one that feels the best - you'll likely get more wood cut than just going with the fastest. Ron
I agree. Ergonomics are differen an each one and one will feel best. Makes it a lot more enjoyable to use a saw that just fits.

Why not put a 575 top end into the 570? A top end rebuild is standard maintenance eventually. If the rest of the saw is not worn out you'll be adding about 5cc IIRC. If you like how it handles but just looking for a little more power without added weight this is the way I would go. More power, cheapest option, same weight .

Purchased a Jonsered 2260, I have too much orange. It’s basically a 562xp. Hopefully it gives me many years of good service.

Back