• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 266 XP!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this too much saw for occasional farm use? Firewood, trimming, occasional felling, mostly 8-20" diameter? I'm done practicing Pouling my Pro, I'm ready for a decent saw.

266 is a great all around saw and this one looks to be in excellent shape. It should do everything you mention very well for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this too much saw for occasional farm use? Firewood, trimming, occasional felling, mostly 8-20" diameter? I'm done practicing Pouling my Pro, I'm ready for a decent saw.

You would probably be Very Happy with this saw, I bought my 266XP New about 1991, and it has been a Very Reliable saw, starts easy, even cold with old gas,, it has an Excellent power/weight ratio, strong saw, mine made a Husky believer out of me. If I didn't have more important uses for the money, I would be tempted by that deal, but I would buy another 266XP again in a heartbeat if I had to replace mine.

I tried taking it to bed with me, the Wife didn't get jealous, but did have issues with the bar oil leaking on her sheets ;)

Doug

It's hard to decide to buy a 25+ year old saw over a new 455 Rancher for similar money, but you guys have convinced me it's the better saw.

Latest posts

Back