Someone help me assuage my guilt...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I walked out of my dealer yesterday grabbing some chains and didn't use my $20 loyalty coupon to grab a 261. That would have been on top of him knocking 10% off list.....

At what point does one have enough saws??
At what point does one have enough saws?? I think you're in the wrong forum. This bunch ENCOURAGES the collecting of fine power equipment! Now please go back and get that 261. Also, give some feedback as I'm considering that saw too! [emoji2]

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I fear the 241 may transition over to the youngest. She rather enjoys cutting... Not so much splitting and stacking.

@RyeThomas said his 241 is a monster after it got back from the spa.... Maybe thats a better use of funds.
Get it, port them both and sell the one you don't like as much ;)

I walked out of my dealer yesterday grabbing some chains and didn't use my $20 loyalty coupon to grab a 261. That would have been on top of him knocking 10% off list.....

cad!! you sir are a "SICK MAN", you need help before the shakes and fevers start!! !!"QUICKLY AND I MEAN VERY QUICKLY" SEEK HELP!!..... new saw's are being manufactured as we read and type this response!! ? lol them with the most new saw's live to be the oldest and "CAD SICKEST"....

Funny thing... I had the 261 v1 about 2.5 years ago. I was thoroughly unimpressed with it running a 16" bar and 3/8 RS. Ended up trading up to the 362. But that was when I "needed" a saw. Now that I have options, and it seems the 461 (which WILL get traded as soon as the 462 becomes available) gets the majority of use...

Ive got an itch that I have thus far been able to control.....

It's a tough choice. If I had to do it all over again I could cut all of my wood with a ported 50cc/ported 70(or 80 cc) combo and never feel like I was missing out.

I've often thought of selling some of my other saws and getting a second 550 (or 2253 or 261) and just equipping it with a different length bar so I can jump back and forth as cutting dictates.

Ive only ever had one saw ported... Bought a 441 when they first hit the market. Dave Neiger worked it over and it was a blast to run. But back then I didn't even need a saw, it was more play than anything else.

I cant bring myself to send a saw off because of the wait. I'm a bit anxious about things like that.

But a 261 with a 16" bar running 3/8 picco would be neat.... a 14" bar would be even better, but not an option with a Stihl bar. Thats another reason I held off... I have a saw for the 16" bar.... Another would be redundant.

And we cant have redundancy.

Never since the definition of "enough" is: "one more than what you have"

Ive only ever had one saw ported... Bought a 441 when they first hit the market. Dave Neiger worked it over and it was a blast to run. But back then I didn't even need a saw, it was more play than anything else.

I cant bring myself to send a saw off because of the wait. I'm a bit anxious about things like that.

But a 261 with a 16" bar running 3/8 picco would be neat.... a 14" bar would be even better, but not an option with a Stihl bar. Thats another reason I held off... I have a saw for the 16" bar.... Another would be redundant.

Being a recreational cutter I try to send my saws away when I know I won't need them for a while. Although some of the builders will actually schedule you in so you literally could only be without for a few days.

Carl has done a great job on my saws and he does a thorough job testing once he's put them back together too. I think some of the guys just cut a couple cookies and then mail it back.

Funny thing... I had the 261 v1 about 2.5 years ago. I was thoroughly unimpressed with it running a 16" bar and 3/8 RS. Ended up trading up to the 362. But that was when I "needed" a saw. Now that I have options, and it seems the 461 (which WILL get traded as soon as the 462 becomes available) gets the majority of use...

Ive got an itch that I have thus far been able to control.....
talked to the stihl rep at my dealer the other week and he said we are about a year out till they are released here.:angry:

Casey Forest wrote:

And we cant have redundancy

Blasphemy and Heresy, I tell ya, simply Blasphemous ;)

Ok, both my 266XP and my 460 Rancher have 24" bars, but one is a 66cc engine, and the other is a 60cc engine, so there is no redundancy there, Whew,for a minute there I thought that you were talking about ME :D

Doug

Two is one and one is none.

At least that's my rule of thumb for another......hobby.

Back