New Stihl saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than that it will probably never be sold on this continent, no, I know nothing about it.

You know a price tag on this bad boy ?

A few quids less than the MS461, literally. Price difference between the MS461 and the 462C-M is ChF25 in Switzerland and Stihl aims at keeping price difference throughout Europe (the saw right now is only available in Switzerland, Austria and Germany) in the 15-20 € ballpark. Of course when Stihl will announce the new prices in early january things may change.

Regarding the MS780... it's an MS880 assembled in Brazil from German components and modified to run on low quality fuel and oil. That's why the same displacement as the 880 but lower compression and power.
It's effectively the 070 replacement for South American markets and has been around for quite a few years.

Seems like Stihl would have designed the new saw to meet CARB and EPA, could have started testing months ago, and that it would take much less than a year to do the testing. They already make Mtronic saws to meet CARB and EPA, it's not like it's new technology.

I'd like the lighter weight, better AV and Mtronic of the 462 but I've got big trees that need cutting soon.

A few quids less than the MS461, literally. Price difference between the MS461 and the 462C-M is ChF25 in Switzerland and Stihl aims at keeping price difference throughout Europe (the saw right now is only available in Switzerland, Austria and Germany) in the 15-20 € ballpark. Of course when Stihl will announce the new prices in early january things may change.

Regarding the MS780... it's an MS880 assembled in Brazil from German components and modified to run on low quality fuel and oil. That's why the same displacement as the 880 but lower compression and power.
It's effectively the 070 replacement for South American markets and has been around for quite a few years.

This is good info. Thanks

Seems like Stihl would have designed the new saw to meet CARB and EPA, could have started testing months ago, and that it would take much less than a year to do the testing. They already make Mtronic saws to meet CARB and EPA, it's not like it's new technology.

I'd like the lighter weight, better AV and Mtronic of the 462 but I've got big trees that need cutting soon.

At least in the automotive industry I know it can take a while for things to get approved

Back