Homelite 360 fuel mix ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an older Homelite 360 that I haven`t used in years. I thought I remembered the ratio as being 16:1 but saw some specs on this forum listing it as 32:1. Can anyone clear this up for me?

I usually use a high quality 50:1. Couldn't go wrong with a 40:1 either. Dad said that he had talked to an old Homelite dealer in the 2000s and they recommended to run 50:1 also. I have two of the 350's and they seem to smoke quite a bit just running at 50:1 ratio.

50:1 is fine. Plenty of 330s, 360s, XL12, etc around here that still come in for service (shop used to be a Homelite dealer)

The 16:1 or whatever is figuring in oil of that era. If you really want, it won't hurt, though I think like most people, I'd rather not breathe more fumes than needed!

AND I know it's going to start a "fight" where other's are going to say that 50:1 is crazy, etc. I dunno. I'm not an expert, but I run saws everyday plus work on them in my "spare" time and I've yet to lose one from running that.

So if I were to run it at 32:1 there should be no problems? I have a lot of other equipment that runs 32:1 and it would be convenient if I could use the same in the 360.

So if I were to run it at 32:1 there should be no problems? I have a lot of other equipment that runs 32:1 and it would be convenient if I could use the same in the 360.

You should be fine @ 32:1 mix ratio.

Just curious, what kind / type of oil are you using for your pre-mix?

32 to 1 is what Homelite called for when the saw was new. That said you would be fine at 40 or even 50 to 1 with today’s modern oils. It’s more important to have the saw tuned correctly making sure it’s not to lean. Always retune saw if changing oil ratio.

ISTR when they were new the ratio was 32/1 with Homelite oil & 16/1 with other oils modern Syn oil are a different ball game & you'll possibly have no problems with 50/ 1would use
32/1,you should have no problems with either 32or40/1 with semi or full synth oil rated jaso FC/FD

m

ISTR when they were new the ratio was 32/1 with Homelite oil & 16/1 with other oils modern Syn oil are a different ball game & you'll possibly have no problems with 50/ 1would use
32/1,you should have no problems with either 32or40/1 with semi or full synth oil rated jaso FC/FD

m

Good advice! :rock:

Back