Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for the vintage saw guys while we are on the poulan/craftsman topic. I have the red craftsman 3.7 which is as you all know the poulan 3700. Was the grey craftsman version sold as the 3400 or 3700 or both?

Well I just check on my (stuff) in the stove, mmmm, smells like cooking paint. Glad wife gone to the Blue Ridge Mountains with my youngest daughter for the weekend, I can get all my baking done.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Know what you mean on having some pulled apart, got the rest of my parts in the oven right now, trying to get this 5200 back together.

Thinking about going to Rural King and buying a few plastic totes to put saws in while they're apart, got a couple that may be apart for quite a while.

Well I just check on my (stuff) in the stove, mmmm, smells like cooking paint. Glad wife gone to the Blue Ridge Mountains with my youngest daughter for the weekend, I can get all my baking done.

I'll bet your next cake will taste funny...

I been leaving the oven open til morning then I close it, doesn't have any odor to it. Just baking, not broiling it on a rotisserie, mmm, that an idea, use a rotisserie to bake it even on all sides. May try that next time I do a full restore. Thought about doing it on the grill but scared of flare ups.

I have the red 3.7-18. I figured I was getting into a nice series of poulans with parts still available and grey, green and red saws still around. I think a small run of skilsaws and daytons were 3400-3700's.

Attachments

• IMG_1526.PNG
    IMG_1526.PNG
    367.2 KB · Views: 9
I always save my peanut butter jars to put bolts and other small parts in, just throw them in the tote with the other parts.
It wouldn't be such a big deal except it's turning colder around here and some of these saws probably won't get worked on until Spring and I hate to hunt for things scattered all around the garage..

It has been getting colder, berrrrr. Put some of it together for a quick pic.
aefad1a4ff989cfdc87290decf918589.jpg

Back