Whats your thoughts on these little buggers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about Australia, but here in the USA, if you talk to enough dealers, you can find one that will talk price.

I've always held out for at least 10% off the sticker price. Some dealers will act all butt hurt as if you had just insulted their kids. Some will tell you with a straight face that they could lose their dealership if they discounted a Stihl saw price.

Anyways, if you want to save some money, take a little time and shop around. ;)

Over here in Finland 241c-m are sold for 599€ ( = 910 AUD/ 699 USD ) and 261cm is 699€ ( = 1062 AUD/ 815 USD), so it should be no brainer to go with 261cm.........

Time to buy a large suitcase and a ticket to Helsinki and go shopping then. They are going to regret this whole "common market" thing. :laugh:

It's $530 here. Australia money that worthless vs US? $1300 would buy a 661 here.
From a basic understanding on my part
I can tell you that's not how economics work.

The AUD to other currencies Is not relevant.
In this case pricing is relevant to their wage
At 1,349 someone with a minimum wage job 17.70 would have to work 76.2 h
At $530 with a National US minimum wage of $7.25, worked out to 73.1 h
Difference of 3.1h
For that example and those figures, it works out on a world scale.

You want to travel? I just checked AUD to USD and it's 30 points on the dollar. $100 USD = $130 AUD

You should be a prince down there right? Guess again. Their price is set to their wage. on the figures I set fourth you would be working more hours to purchase the same product despite the 30℅ exchange in your favor.
How about the other way around?
.70 to USD.
Based on $530 vs $1349, it looks like 2.6 times less in the states OK we will call things half price on an average with a .7 exchange with a much higher wage base. That's looking pretty attractive.
Now who is getting screwed?...haha.
Besides Canada...

Rakers to low LOL.
Did you get a video of it, probably just real hard Il wood.
I like that picco chain, licks butt and stays sharp for me.
I'm sure it fits a niche, no matter how small.

Its competitor in the Husky lineup is the 543xp, which is a rebadged Redmax, is it not?

Wow!
Has that been modified?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No, ours just have more power here in the states lol. I'm totally joking Matt, Brad did a little work on that one.
I think that's some locust he's cutting in the video which is a pretty hard wood too, not as hard as many of the species you probably cut, but much harder than many here in the states.

Yes, at some point a nice handsaw does a lot of work and you don't have to ad oil or fuel lol.
Yes sir, also part of Electrolux.
Member here.
Not really a Husqvarna man myself. Apparently they are all made in China by Huztl then sent to Switzerland to be boxed up and send out. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dang--That must be the rare limited edition I keep hearing about. Send me 2--1 for shelf and the other to cut with and impress friends and family!!!--David--I will just keep running my classics.View attachment 611798 View attachment 611798 View attachment 611801 View attachment 611801 View attachment 611801 View attachment 611798 View attachment 611801 View attachment 611801
Those are some nice bows. Do you have a corner on the market or what?
Do you use them for cutting wood on the ground or do you use them other ways as well?

Back