? About chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleagemutant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Of the guys that have them what brand looking at Labonville and Arborware what do yo prefer like to stay around a 100 dollars. Are the apron ones any good our stay with the calf wrap are replaceable straps worthwhile give me some opinions thanks

I got a some oregon apron chaps for 50$ also. Husqvarna has calf wrap apron chaps for 104$.

The wife and mother in law are questionin my man hood because I want some chainsaw chaps I am already hard of hearing but that helps me with the constant nagging I've got enough scars don't need more. They keep thinking village people I have to model them this Christmas so you guys like the apron style

Depends on what your doing with them. If your climbing up a tree in very cold weather then the largest coverage would probably be best. If you stay on the ground in tropical areas then less coverage would be better. Just make sure that what you get you'll use and understand that they're for added protection not chainsaw proof. You'll probably still get hurt if you hit yourself with a spinning chainsaw no matter what you're wearing.

I got Stihl calf wraps for Christmas last year. Wife said they would become a suppository if she caught me cutting without them. She’s already taken me for stitches twice, not from a saw. What I didn’t know when I told her the size was that chap length goes from the waist, not your inseam. Christmas morning when tried on the FIRST pair it looked like I was wearing blaze orange shorts.

Stick with the W850KP Labonville full wraps. Those are really good. I've used a lot of different types over the years, and these are the best so far. They offer excellent protection without the stiff bulk like the Stihl chaps. I find the buckle placement on the wraps more convenient on the Labonvilles too. The buckles are on the outside on both legs, where on the Stihl chaps they are on the inside on one and the outside on the other. The Labonvilles don't cut through easily either. There is a demo video here-

I have the Husqvarna calf wrap. I like them and paid 110 bucks out the door. Cheaper than an ER visit :yes:

I've got the Husky Technical apron wrap chaps also. Can't say enough good stuff about them. Just checked on Amazon you can find them for like $82. Nice piece of kit!

I bought still summer chainsaw pants they hold up pretty good why not take some extra precautions

Back