The bar and chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 545 comes with .325 nk. I would stay with that and a 18" speed cut balances well on the 545. I can get you a fair price on one if you like.

The 545 comes with .325 nk. I would stay with that and a 18" speed cut balances well on the 545. I can get you a fair price on one if you like.
Hello. Thank you for the advice and effort you made. The thing ia that I am from Europe/Croatia. Is it possible to ship that bar all the way here or is it better to look for it here?

Hello. Thank you for the advice and effort you made. The thing ia that I am from Europe/Croatia. Is it possible to ship that bar all the way here or is it better to look for it here?
Oh I don't know I never shipped a bar overseas it might be cheaper there locally.

Yes, I also think so
What do you suggest, any particular bar from Oregon or something else?

Thank you!
The speed cut is a light .325nk. Which would balance well on the 545 husqvarna xbars are a bit heavier and a bit cheaper (here) and so far have been good bars.

The speed cut is a light .325nk. Which would balance well on the 545 husqvarna xbars are a bit heavier and a bit cheaper (here) and so far have been good bars.
Good morning!
Thanks for the suggestion
Another thing... Is there going to be too much clearance in a powersprocket (drum 7) after Speed Cut bar and chain installation since there is no 0.058 (1.5 mm) speed cut but 0.05. (1.3 mm) on the market (world wide)?
Out if the box (original Husqvarna) came as 0.058 so I was thinking how it is going to act when putting 0.05?
Thank you!!
Regards....

S
If you have a source for Sandvik bars they are excellent quality
Sandvik Sweeden? I did not know for this ....
I have a set of kitchen knives from Sandvik Coromant stainless steel ....
I shall look for and see if it is possible to get it

Thank you!
Regards

Good morning!
Thanks for the suggestion
Another thing... Is there going to be too much clearance in a powersprocket (drum 7) after Speed Cut bar and chain installation since there is no 0.058 (1.5 mm) speed cut but 0.05. (1.3 mm) on the market (world wide)?
Out if the box (original Husqvarna) came as 0.058 so I was thinking how it is going to act when putting 0.05?
Thank you!!
Regards....

Sprockets handle drivelinks all the same, if you have a spur sprocket in place might be a good move to change to rim sprocket drive...... Saves money also in a long run.

S

Sandvik Sweeden? I did not know for this ....
I have a set of kitchen knives from Sandvik Coromant stainless steel ....
I shall look for and see if it is possible to get it

Thank you!
Regards

Sandvik bars are NOS, in Finland i have not seen those bars on retailers for a long time. Not sure but got a feeling that sandvik bars were made by windsor....? But those bars are really good quality.

RV

Sprockets handle drivelinks all the same, if you have a spur sprocket in place might be a good move to change to rim sprocket drive...... Saves money also in a long run.

Sandvik bars are NOS, in Finland i have not seen those bars on retailers for a long time. Not sure but got a feeling that sandvik bars were made by windsor....? But those bars are really good quality.

RV
I shall check for that power sprocket. I do not know what type is on.
If I have to change it is it a problem? Is it possible to make it on every type of chainsaw?

Regards

I really like Sandvik / Windsor bars, but no longer made, so I buy NOS. Closest new is Carlton Speed Tip.

But for your situation the new Oregon speed cut .325nk is what I'd go for.

I shall check for that power sprocket. I do not know what type is on.
If I have to change it is it a problem? Is it possible to make it on every type of chainsaw?

Regards

You should have a rim sprocket clutch drum on a husqvarna 545. Original rim should be a SM7 ( small 7 spline ) 7-pin rim sprocket, oregon pn: 11892. For faster chain speed you can try for 8-pin rim sprocket, oregon pn: 11891. This could be a good choice if using nk-.325 chain.

Oregon speedcut bar 18" for nk-.325 chain with .050 gauge pn: 180TXLBK095

Chain for setup mentioned above husqvarna X-Cut SP33G 72DL pn: 581 64 31-72

RV

You should have a rim sprocket clutch drum on a husqvarna 545. Original rim should be a SM7 ( small 7 spline ) 7-pin rim sprocket, oregon pn: 11892. For faster chain speed you can try for 8-pin rim sprocket, oregon pn: 11891. This could be a good choice if using nk-.325 chain.

Oregon speedcut bar 18" for nk-.325 chain with .050 gauge pn: 180TXLBK095

Chain for setup mentioned above husqvarna X-Cut SP33G 72DL pn: 581 64 31-72

This is great. Thank you for that detailed presentation. When I put all together Oregons Speed Cut 18 inch bar could be optimum solution for my Husky
At the end one more question:
If I have, as U mentioned small 7 rim sprocket onboard shaft, whose job was to pull 0.058 chain can it be used for 0.050 chain or I have to change it ?

Thank you!

Regards

I really like Sandvik / Windsor bars, but no longer made, so I buy NOS. Closest new is Carlton Speed Tip.

But for your situation the new Oregon speed cut .325nk is what I'd go for.
Everything so far tells that Oregon SpeedCut is something to choose for this particular situation
Only this issue regarding RimSprocket that I have mounted on is worrying me about if 0.050 gauge can be driven by it?

Rim sprockets can run any gauge but they are pitch specific.

Also, you are in the enviable position of really being able to use any product line out there with similar results so don't go overthinking it.

Rim sprockets can run any gauge but they are pitch specific.

Also, you are in the enviable position of really being able to use any product line out there with similar results so don't go overthinking it.

Thank you for your opinion. I appreciate it.
There is really a lot possibilities here about issue I am trying to solve but hey I was thinking this way:
I want to go for 18 inch and it is, but if I could reduce lost power for that 2 inches extra and much more (thinner bar and chain i.e. lower friction etc) I could use more power from the saw itselfe and make it more efficient. Maybe it can not be achieved but this was the principal I wanted to go with.
I have to say that every body contributed with its own suggestion and it helped so far to have at least wide range of possibilities.
So far everything aims at Speed Cut but will see .....

Latest posts

Back