Homelite Ranger won`t stay running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I`ve got a little 33cc Homelite Ranger that I was cutting with the other day. I shut it off and when I went to start it I broke the pull cord. Fixed that and when I went to start it, it will fire up but won`t stay running. If I move the choke lever in and out after it starts I can keep it running for a few seconds and can even pull full revs some times for a few seconds. I`ve replaced the fuel filter, fresh fuel, and have not changed the lines but they feel pliable. Any ideas? My next step was to rebuild the carb but it seems funny that it was running and then just wasn`t.

I went to order a rebuild kit for the Walbro and it was $6.00 cheaper to buy a new carb. It`s probably a cheap Chinese knockoff but I figured for $12.00 it was worth a shot. Threw it on and she fired right up. Runs better than when it was new.
Pulled the old one apart and found nothing. I`ll keep it for a spare and see if I can`t find a cheaper rebuild kit at some point.
Thanks, guys, for your input and interest. I really appreciate it.

Back