Calamity Macho Sufferage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd probably be surprised how many climbers that've cut themselves outta the tree accidentally with their trimsaws severing their climb lines.

One of the reasons so many pros like to finish trigger cuts with a handsaw, before takin a ride.

Funny that I began my career in this biz trimming palms from the top down, flailing away, spiraling downwards, nonstop with my dual triggered Super 2's, nicking my chain lanyard without a care, other than dulling my saw!

I've noted how Australians are kinda stuck on chain use in their crane takedowns, by law!

Gotta stay on your toes n know when to duck dodge or hide, eh mates?

Steel, instilling confidence!

Jomoco

You'd probably be surprised how many climbers that've cut themselves outta the tree accidentally with their trimsaws severing their climb lines.

One of the reasons so many pros like to finish trigger cuts with a handsaw, before takin a ride.

Funny that I began my career in this biz trimming palms from the top down, flailing away, spiraling downwards, nonstop with my dual triggered Super 2's, nicking my chain lanyard without a care, other than dulling my saw!

I've noted how Australians are kinda stuck on chain use in their crane takedowns, by law!

Gotta stay on your toes n know when to duck dodge or hide, eh mates?

Steel, instilling confidence!

Jomoco

Really? Chain? By law?

I hate wearing gloves period.
That's why you now have a hole in your hand... Gloves are probably the most overlooked PPE n the biz... And did you not have a rope to lower the saw out to the groundies to re-fuel... this biz is hard and dangerous enough. Not sure why you would ever need to "disrobe".. The entire story sounds like you;ve got systemic issues to fix... and what kind of 60' pine takes more than a tank of gas with a 200t... were you cutting wafers...

As an independent sub, I don't put my well being into any groundie's hands.

So yes, I took the tree down in itty bitty pieces parts easily handled by anyone.

By disrobing I meant my saddle n climbline stayed about six feet up at wall n gate height.

I'll take a good grip over wearin oven gloves any and every time my life's on the line pal!

Screw you n gerstenberger!

Jomoco

DOn't you have the skill and intelligence to lower sizable pieces without putting yourself at risk... this isn't 1980 anymore... get with the program . I never need to count on the groundie to keep me safe. There are plenty of ways to skin that cat.

I knew what you meant by disrobe and makes no sense at all! WHY oh WHY would you ever need to do that???? Did you really not have a climbing line to lower out the saw for fuel???? so you;re taking a 60' pine down in little bits on a lanyard only.... then even that was too much for the final descent... You actually took your saddle off and left your spikes on at 6' up? If you were on a climbing line you could have rappelled out if needed.. You think its safer to climb on a lanyard only becasue there si something wrong with the ground guys..

And then you're dumb enough to post the story online , wearing your wound like a badge of honor... Only thing that's unclear is who's lacking sense more, you or the guy that hired you.... I;d have thrown you off my job the second you decided to g up a tree without a climbing line...

While this may sound like giving you a hard time, and I must admit to enjoying it, someone has to tell you ... truth only hurts when you're in denial...... So good luck getting out of the 80's... we all had to do it.. you're just taking a few more decades than usual

Actually I just read that you hads a climbing line and took that off with the saddle... so let me re-frame... do you not trust the groundies to gas your saw???? WTF???

Actually I just read that you hads a climbing line and took that off with the saddle... so let me re-frame... do you not trust the groundies to gas your saw???? WTF???

Kind of slow on the uptake there Murph.

Ever consider that maybe there were no groundies?

The palm puncture is mostly a hazard to climbers, so you're safe.

I've heard she is paid a ridiculous amount of money.
I don't see why. I think she is an obnoxious *****.

TV shows don;t usually make any money until they are syndicated.. It's all the re-runs that actually make the big $$$... her show happens to replay much better than talk shows which are tied to current events and celebrity events etc, and don't play well down the road, But nothing dates her show and women in particular love watching her take charge... her ratings have been steadily growing and she's by fat the highest paid tv star...

He mentioned "it was a two bandanna wound to keep blood from dripping on the groundies"...

So ya... there were groundies .... please don't defend this story... its a shame...

I'd explain in more detail, if I gave a flyin fug about a bucket boy's opinion of my non dependency on groundies nurse maiding me murph....

Jomoco

He mentioned "it was a two bandanna wound to keep blood from dripping on the groundies"...

So ya... there were groundies .... please don't defend this story... its a shame...

The way I read it was he was describing the blood flow to a point that we would understand, it does not seem to me he had ground guys, he was just being descriptive, I would not call Jon dumb, (have you met him?),
the only thing I wonder about is why no climb line,
Jeff

Come on Jeff!

Do you think I'd do any strategic removal without a climbline?

I simply came down till standing on top of the wall, six feet off the ground, took off my saddle, clipped it back onto my climbline, and gaffed down the trunk six feet.

Murph's just tryin to stir up ****, as usual.

No guacamole for you mate!

Jomoco

I've never met Jon but from my years of reading him and occasionally butting heads I believe him to be competent. Honestly the man is probably right on the edge of genius/ insane. Aren't we all though? thinking outside of the box!!!!

How did the paw heal up Jon? Hope all is well. Send me a pm on your lastest rigging pistol.

Like it never happened TB.

The ARP 10's performing very well. I'm doing my best to break it, but it's proving almost as tough n rugged as the Kevlar cord itself.

image.jpeg

I've never met Jon but from my years of reading him and occasionally butting heads I believe him to be competent. Honestly the man is probably right on the edge of genius/ insane. Aren't we all though? thinking outside of the box!!!!

How did the paw heal up Jon? Hope all is well. Send me a pm on your lastest rigging pistol.

I'd explain in more detail, if I gave a flyin fug about a bucket boy's opinion of my non dependency on groundies nurse maiding me murph....

Jomoco
At least I can afford a bucket truck... all these years later and you can't.. maybe time to re-think your game!

Your concern's quite touching murph, but I'll suffer through my poverty here somehow......

Jomoco

At least I can afford a bucket truck... all these years later and you can't.. maybe time to re-think your game!

Do much tree care with that bucket truck Murph?

Of course not. It is a removal tool.

I've had three in the past and don't have one now.

It's a little arborist that brags about owning a bucket truck.

Back