The bar and chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything so far tells that Oregon SpeedCut is something to choose for this particular situation
Only this issue regarding RimSprocket that I have mounted on is worrying me about if 0.050 gauge can be driven by it?
Rim is .325, like said any gauge chain will work as long as it .325 chain. I'm going to try one of these new Oregon speed cut bar & chain at some point.

Rim is .325, like said any gauge chain will work as long as it .325 chain. I'm going to try one of these new Oregon speed cut bar & chain at some point.
Yes. Ive got it. Since I am a beginner in this I have learned a lit these last few days about this topic.
I have found in Croatia a Speed cut bar on 18 inch size for 46 dollars. Full chisel chain will be some 30 dollars extra. All in one I shall try to accomplish bar and two chains (full and semi chisel) for 100 dollars, top

Will se how it will go

Tnx!

Thank you for your opinion. I appreciate it.
There is really a lot possibilities here about issue I am trying to solve but hey I was thinking this way:
I want to go for 18 inch and it is, but if I could reduce lost power for that 2 inches extra and much more (thinner bar and chain i.e. lower friction etc) I could use more power from the saw itselfe and make it more efficient. Maybe it can not be achieved but this was the principal I wanted to go with.
I have to say that every body contributed with its own suggestion and it helped so far to have at least wide range of possibilities.
So far everything aims at Speed Cut but will see .....

You're overthinking things here with a saw in good "nick & bars of comparable length there is little difference "tween" 3/8& & 325 a sharp chain is a bigger issue +the amount oil the pump throws around the bar can be more of a power drain Rig your saw with mid range quality bar New or well sharpened chain & adequate oil to the bar & the difference in size kerf etc I doubt you"ll notice

You're overthinking things here with a saw in good "nick & bars of comparable length there is little difference "tween" 3/8& & 325 a sharp chain is a bigger issue +the amount oil the pump throws around the bar can be more of a power drain Rig your saw with mid range quality bar New or well sharpened chain & adequate oil to the bar & the difference in size kerf etc I doubt you"ll notice
Thank you for the status of yours regarding my principal of thinking and approach in general.
It mey be overthinking for me as it mey be very simple for someone who is daily occupied with foresting or is working with the saws. I am, as I said very much a beginner in this and wanted to know a little bit more how to deal, use, modify and understand some topics regarding chain saws, bars, chains, sprockets etc. And I am as I already said very much satisfied how much I learned in this few days.
Sharp chain I consider essential to have it on, as very important as good and very low friction bar because the power of engine is well known ind we can not change it but the power loss trough transmission is not so and we can make some influence to level it down i.e. more power is left for cutting.
I know it mey sound so stiffy but hey, here we are to discuss it, if we like

BTW I have found adjustable oil pump on my Husky 545, so I can use its deferential amount if oil supply as you mentioned, ;)
Thank you any way, your comment I find also very much useful!

Best regards!

Thank you for the status of yours regarding my principal of thinking and approach in general.
It mey be overthinking for me as it mey be very simple for someone who is daily occupied with foresting or is working with the saws. I am, as I said very much a beginner in this and wanted to know a little bit more how to deal, use, modify and understand some topics regarding chain saws, bars, chains, sprockets etc. And I am as I already said very much satisfied how much I learned in this few days.
Sharp chain I consider essential to have it on, as very important as good and very low friction bar because the power of engine is well known ind we can not change it but the power loss trough transmission is not so and we can make some influence to level it down i.e. more power is left for cutting.
I know it mey sound so stiffy but hey, here we are to discuss it, if we like

BTW I have found adjustable oil pump on my Husky 545, so I can use its deferential amount if oil supply as you mentioned, ;)
Thank you any way, your comment I find also very much useful!

Best regards!
I run all my oilers wide open. Highest setting. Most flow.

I run all my oilers wide open. Highest setting. Most flow.
Hello
Most probably, I will turn that adj screw close to max, if 12 mL is max maybe 10 mL for 16 inch bar
12 for 18 inch
That would be good

Just for the letting you guys know, I choose 18 inch bar Husqvarna X-Force. 0.325/0.050. It suites for planned X-Cut and other 0.050 chains

One more thing. Is it possible to file H21 chain with a H25 file kit ??

Thank you all!

Latest posts

Back