lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a 1986 Honda XR-600R. Come winter, I made sure that it always had new knobbies on it, front and rear.

Where we live, if we get a foot or two of snow, it's rare, and if we do, it only lasts a few days. Funny thing, on days such as those, more times than not, I'd come down with a cold or something, take off S/L and make it a point to get out and get some fresh air.......if ya know what I mean. ;)

Xr 600 great ol bike. Can't belive they still make the xrl 650 which hasn't changed much at all since the Xr 600 days. Basically the same bike with estart and no kickstart.
Here is a pic of my old Xr 650 l
I had a little spring fever and couldn't wait to ride. Well I should of waited. All the snow had just melted and the clay was to much to handle.
20140216_155437.jpg

My big dirt bike days are over with and I'm okay with that. But, if I was in the market to buy a new one, no way would it be one w/o a kick starter.

Each and every one of my dirt bikes have had a kick starter. The last time I bought a new dirt bike was in late 1986. So yes, it's been a while.

Just picked this little bike up last week at a moving sale for $50. Couldn't pass it up. Had a bad rear tube and a busted exhaust bolt that I fixed. I love bikes. Have had my fair share of them in my younger years my favorites were my XL600, CBR600, XR100 and an old XL175. The hardest bike I had to hang on to was an 82 kdx450 2 stroke. I'd eventually like to get a dual sport bike again but my wife is afraid I'd kill myself.
b8f238145eb35bfb92631aff3f9c5d51.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Just picked this little bike up last week at a moving sale for $50. Couldn't pass it up. Had a bad rear tube and a busted exhaust bolt that I fixed. I love bikes. Have had my fair share of them in my younger years my favorites were my XL600, CBR600, XR100 and an old XL175. The hardest bike I had to hang on to was an 82 kdx450 2 stroke. I'd eventually like to get a dual sport bike again but my wife is afraid I'd kill myself.
b8f238145eb35bfb92631aff3f9c5d51.jpg

I used to have a 1980 KDX 400. Bought it used and it was pretty fast. Fast enough to beat my brother's 400 Maico Spyder in a drag race. :laughing:

It was a chore keeping the front end on the ground on mine. At the time I had it I didn't weigh more than 160 and if you hit the power band it'd take the front end up if you were on hard packed dirt or on the asphalt, and I'm no good at wheelies lol.

ever forget the lock? I f'd up couple chainguards way back when...

+ better to forget em on back, 'stead o front.

I haven't done so since I had a little rice rocket back in the 90's. The lock on my Dyna is alarmed. So the moment it is moved just a few degrees, it goes off. Basically makes it impossible to ride off with it on. It also lets me know if someone is messing with my bike.

This years EMCIA show was great. I really want this Yamaha Tenere 700.

Attachments

• yt7o4.jpg
    yt7o4.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 25
Back