Shindaiwa 500 Flooding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel D'Angelo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I got this really clean shiny the other day but can't get it to run. It is flooding severely. Just pouring gas in. I put a carb kit on and lowered the metering lever etc. I also replaces the plunger and it is doing it with the old and new one. I'm stumped! Any help is appreciated. Thanks..

Attachments

• shin1.jpg
    shin1.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 12
So I got this really clean shiny the other day but can't get it to run. It is flooding severely. Just pouring gas in. I put a carb kit on and lowered the metering lever etc. I also replaces the plunger and it is doing it with the old and new one. I'm stumped! Any help is appreciated. Thanks..

The last two flooding issues I've had were caused by:
1)Me failing to set the metering lever properly using the appropriate Walbro tool :dumb2:
2)A tiny bit of sawdust on the needle causing it to pour fuel like mad

I hope your problem is caused by something this simple.

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked all of those things and it is still doing it. I literally pull the thing over 3-4 times and there is gas coming out the exhaust. What could cause a saw to flood this badly?? It has spark btw.

Flooding caused by leaking carb needle. Take the carb apart again and put up some pics. Polish the needle seat with a q-tip and a light abraisive.
Show a pic of the carb with the diaphrams off, etc..

Thanks Thommo. It's the correct carb kit. I ordered another spring if that doesn't work I am going to swaller my pride and take it to the shop. It will be worth the $50-60 to find out what I missed!

Thanks Thommo. It's the correct carb kit. I ordered another spring if that doesn't work I am going to swaller my pride and take it to the shop. It will be worth the $50-60 to find out what I missed!
Check that the gaskets are in the right order, if you switch the diaphragm with the gasket, it'll show these symptoms, been there, done that!

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked all of those things and it is still doing it. I literally pull the thing over 3-4 times and there is gas coming out the exhaust. What could cause a saw to flood this badly?? It has spark btw.
In my experience, Yes, it's the coils sending a spark out of time. Fuel will come out of the decompression, front of the muffler back of the muffler.
It's most common with mainly 365/372 Husqvarna 3 series rev limiter (blue coils) possibly mainly 2005 -2009 I know of three cases with the Stihl 361 or 362 perhaps?
If your needle is dripping then it will drip with the saw off. You need to determine this for certain. Take filter off and make sure to dry the plastic out in which it sits on. Make sure it has fuel and set it in a warmer place with the bar elevated. In the summer just set it in the direct sun.
Fifteen to twenty min you should have a small puddle which would create harder starting. If it was gushing out of the needle then it would likely be leaking out of the carb itself!

Back