Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir. And it keeps growing my wife says I have a problem I agree with her about the problem idea but ultimately we are thinking of different problems she thinks I have a firewood addiction and I think I don't have enough wood lol
628aadbd34649c9f060898a9f7a662d3.jpg
Snap!

Excellent news! You'll be cutting wood for another 20 years now.

Very nice, Neil (the Skoda too)

We used to have that issue in my household as well but Cowgirl gave up in the end. Actually, it had more to do with the kids being of an age where if I went scrounging she had to look after them both. Once they were old enough for me to use the words "I'm going scrounging and I'm taking the kids", all resistance evaporated. When I could scrounge on the Lady Farm there were lots of interesting things for them to find and play with like cattle bones, tiger snakes and the like. Now the kids are old enough to leave them at home on their own if needs be and I can get my scrounge on whenever I like.

I forgot, you get the Octavia out there too don't you. It's no Holden or Mustang, but it does take wood like a Subaru and get it home in a hurry.

Lol re scrounging with the kids, I'm sure they loved it though playing with snakes, spiders scorpions and drop bears might have upset cowgirl again.

Probably won’t need a fire tonight. Had an apparent thermostat malfunction in the basement where a propane boiler runs floor heat. Not sure how long it ran but wife said it was 87 degrees! Was still 82 when I got home, my basement dwellers (3 sons) prefer it to be about 68. Might get that low sometime tomorrow at which time I’ll find out if was the dead battery or if the thermostat needs replaced.

Probably won’t need a fire tonight. Had an apparent thermostat malfunction in the basement where a propane boiler runs floor heat. Not sure how long it ran but wife said it was 87 degrees! Was still 82 when I got home, my basement dwellers (3 sons) prefer it to be about 68. Might get that low sometime tomorrow at which time I’ll find out if was the dead battery or if the thermostat needs replaced.
I had an opposite issue. Door gasket started leaking. Flames just inside the door. Ofcourse all the brick n mortar stores were closed today. But if you want the hottest new video game at walmart you can surely get that at 4AM. Had to put 3/4 low density gasket in place of the 5/8 high density gasket on the NC30 till I can get parts ordered from Englander. It was 52 in the house when I got everything put back together. Was 58 when I left. I figure it was above 62 when the fire started to die.When I order parts I'm gonna order TWO door gaskets.. and TWO glass gaskets and an extra glass. I'm also going to get a 17VL as a backup at the other end of the basement. I already installed the chimney and everything. Had a Fisher Baby bear there last year. Just need to get it and install it.

Two 6x6's twelve feet long, 3ft in the ground. 9ft above ground. 4ft apart. 2x2ft AR500 armor plate steel. 730yds through the scope
I've never shot that far but with that sight picture I could hit the target.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've never shot that far but with that sight picture I could hit the target.

As long as you know how to correctly input atmospherics to the ballistic calculator, tune the calculator to the load and make the correct wind call. Being able to see the target isn't the hard part. You can hit targets you can't see but easily miss targets you CAN see.

View attachment 614665 View attachment 614666 View attachment 614667 View attachment 614668 Wives went Black Friday shopping so my brother and I went Black Friday Chopping. Scrounged, cut, and split this massive cherry and an oak that came down in a “tornado” that hit a few weeks ago between Akron and Clev.

Nice looking wood, and welcome to the site, but I highly recommend boots, eyes & ears, you will thank me in the long run. Sooner or later, a round will end up on your foot, and sneaks provide no protection!

As long as you know how to correctly input atmospherics to the ballistic calculator, tune the calculator to the load and make the correct wind call. Being able to see the target isn't the hard part. You can hit targets you can't see but easily miss targets you CAN see.
Yep there is way more to it than that. Just a bit jealous you have that kind of space to shoot. To be honest I probably would miss one or 10 things and miss. Farthest I ever shot was 500 yards with an 30-06 with a crappy scope and guesstimating hold over. It was a great way to waste ammo.

Yep there is way more to it than that. Just a bit jealous you have that kind of space to shoot. To be honest I probably would miss one or 10 things and miss. Farthest I ever shot was 500 yards with an 30-06 with a crappy scope and guesstimating hold over. It was a great way to waste ammo.

Shouldn't you be in bed Trevor :).
We used to do some long bow shooting, it was a long time ago, you basically had to aim way above the big giant bear target and just hope lol. As you were saying it was something to do.

A GTG at Steve's could be any time the grounds frozen. He cuts a lot.
Sounds fun to me, I'll probably be down for Christmas as I'll be heading to Ohio then for sure, I'll bring some huskys:lol:.
Does anybody do GTG's in central Ohio?
Nobody likes Ohio :surprised3:. My wife is from NW Ohio, I'm down here right now :).
I thought they did one in OH this spring?
They did, we had a great time.
Here's a vid of me loosing:omg:. It was my first time ever running the saw though :yes:.

Back