Ditch witch sk350 issue ...help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climberjones

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Bought a sk 350 the other day and it has a ton of power going backwards but whines and is super weak going forward any suggestions?Belt tensioner is tight checked that...

Hmm i dont think there is linkage to the final dries just hoses and i didnt find any kinks...but its weird runs great first 15 mins the fluid gets hotter than hell then drie power goes way down and gets whiney...

Classic hydraulic pump/motor failure symptoms. As fluid is heated, viscosity goes down, is lost through worn areas in pump/motor further heating fluid. Do the obvious first. Take off hydraulic filter, cut it open and carefully look at pleats for metal. Drain a little fluid when warmed up, look for metal in fluid. I was going to mention a stuck relief valve, but since you said it operates normally cold most likely not the cause here.

I was thinking along those lines as well,but one of the things thats throwing me off is that both drie pumps are eually causing the whine when pressure is applied to joysticks ....is that normal for both too go out at the same time?

With that being said....
Noise could be from cavitation, air getting into system. Check low pressure hose(s), most of the time these are secured with a hose clamp or two and will go from tank to pump(s). If clamp backs off air can definitely get in. I would still pull and inspect filter, as you have no idea how old it is.

Back