Husqvarna 562 XPG opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on my 2nd 562 and have found it to be one of the easiest starting saws I have ever had. Much easier then the first 550 I owned, thats for sure.
The issues is in warm temperatures, the saws vapor lock, bad! A mm and some heat shielding helps. I don't believe it gets all that hot in Nova Scotia, at least not for very long, so likely will never be an issue for you.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

The issues is in warm temperatures, the saws vapor lock, bad! A mm and some heat shielding helps. I don't believe it gets all that hot in Nova Scotia, at least not for very long, so likely will never be an issue for you.

Here in Nova Scotia our summer temps can reach low 90's on occasion. That is when I was having the most starting issues with my 550. The dealer changed carbs and I haven't had an issue with it since. I was probably a lucky one, but my first 562 started wether the temperature was -20 or plus 95. It still is in my stable but has been regulated to a backup status. I love the 5 series of Husqvarnas as much as the 2 series. The 3 series not so much, though I like 357's and 372's.

Theoretically, AutoTune should not allow a vapor lock condition. There is a carb temp sensor, and fuel is metered into the carb with a valve. The air purge bulb, when operated, should remove all air from the line up t the carb valve.

Theoretically, AutoTune should not allow a vapor lock condition. There is a carb temp sensor, and fuel is metered into the carb with a valve. The air purge bulb, when operated, should remove all air from the line up t the carb valve.
The carb overheats to the point the fule turns to vapor, when this happens the primer will no longer function. Again you can work around the issue, but you shouldn't have to.

It comes down to an improperly tested new design, with widespread QC, and dealer education issues. I love the way these saws run and feel, but they still have inherent design flaws that have yet been fully resolved IMHO.

The carb overheats to the point the fule turns to vapor, when this happens the primer will no longer function. Again you can work around the issue, but you shouldn't have to.

It comes down to an improperly tested new design, with widespread QC, and dealer education issues. I love the way these saws run and feel, but they still have inherent design flaws that have yet been fully resolved IMHO.

Interesting. I have not taken the new saw apart, but do these saws still have fuel bowls or is fuel directly metered in by the solenoid valve? Why would these carbs be any more susceptible to vapor lock than any other chainsaw?

Interesting. I have not taken the new saw apart, but do these saws still have fuel bowls or is fuel directly metered in by the solenoid valve? Why would these carbs be any more susceptible to vapor lock than any other chainsaw?
It is not the carb, rather the lack of air flow around the carb and intake that causes the problem.

It is not the carb, rather the lack of air flow around the carb and intake that causes the problem.

There must be some airflow around the carb; else why would Husqvarna offer the cold weather flap that partially covers the intake?

the (newer versions of the saw do have slots in the covers for more air flow (or you can cut them yourself) or buy them from Husqvarna the main issues were the coils/modules/carbs/programming are the main fix ...(most saws even in the years with problems (early saws ) had no problems I had a 2011-12 that had updates and new coils/modules... I NEVER UDATED because it ran just fine they also I believe some earlier saws had a crankcase update with 7 verses 6 screws ect. for air leak problems however some saws never experienced air leaks with the older cases... SO... if your older saw had problems overheating/air leaks/starting problems those are the updates that fixed them as @spike60 stated the newer saws have NO real issues ............

the (newer versions of the saw do have slots in the covers for more air flow (or you can cut them yourself) or buy them from Husqvarna the main issues were the coils/modules/carbs/programming are the main fix ...(most saws even in the years with problems (early saws ) had no problems I had a 2011-12 that had updates and new coils/modules... I NEVER UDATED because it ran just fine they also I believe some earlier saws had a crankcase update with 7 verses 6 screws ect. for air leak problems however some saws never experienced air leaks with the older cases... SO... if your older saw had problems overheating/air leaks/starting problems those are the updates that fixed them as @spike60 stated the newer saws have NO real issues ............
Right.

Just to confirm what I think you are saying in the earlier part of your post, the bogging/fuel delivery issues were one problem and the vapor lock due to heat is another.

And of course outside of the saws with legitimate problems, half of the hot start issues are from people who do not properly restart their AT saw in hot weather.

The newer saws still have overheating issues. It's a heat issue plane and simple. The devider is inadequate, their isn't suffecant clearance between the carb and other parts of the saw, like the cylinder and parts of the case. They're too many fuel lines all over the place, do to the stupid priming setup. These lines pick up heat like crazy. They rerouted the main fuel line so it's farther away from the cylinder this seems to help. They cut corners to save cost and it has hurt their reputation.

The concept was an ok idea, it was just horribly executed on almost every level.

I do like these saws I really do, and they can run exceptionally well. It comes down to the fact, the R&D was just not there before the release of these models. Hopefully this is why they took so much time with the 572, it needs right from day one.

There must be some airflow around the carb; else why would Husqvarna offer the cold weather flap that partially covers the intake?
When the saw is running their is constant air flow, when the saws is off, the carburetor fuel lines get heat soaked, the fuel turns to vapor, the saw becomes impossible to start until it cools down.

Right.

Just to confirm what I think you are saying in the earlier part of your post, the bogging/fuel delivery issues were one problem and the vapor lock due to heat is another.

And of course outside of the saws with legitimate problems, half of the hot start issues are from people who do not properly restart their AT saw in hot weather.

yep... and an air leak problem hence the case assembly's with the (extra screw/bolt).... so SOME of the saws had some or a bunch of issues ...and I agree with andy..there was some design issues ...... the competition cream-sickle saws ms 361/62 .... have/has issues also ...but let not get into that ...most users will not have any issue's with the 562/2260 saws ... with all the corrections performed if needed

Back